Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

You staying downtown? I’m 40 minutes north at Hillcrest. I’ll double check the club calendar when I’m out there later to make sure there’s no events that weekend if you’d be interested in making the drive up

HIGHly recommend taking this offer @rdvern Hillcrest is mint.
Side note: excellent reco on Tom Thompson, TJ. He was great!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it worked out with him! He’s an awesome caddie and it definitely shows when you’re paired up with some of the younger caddies. How was the trip?

1 Like

This times a thousand @rdvern. If you’re getting as far as Tulsa making the jump up to Bartlesville for a lap at Hillcrest is 100% worth the quick drive.

Can you guys tell I’m missing Maxwell courses or what

1 Like

Man, this heat finally got to me and I just booked a trip out of town that weekend. Concert should be sick, wish I could be around for the golf

Can’t turn down a Sunday show. We’re coming to your town, we’ll help you party down.

3 Likes

Need to create a new phrase to describe its awesomeness. Open to suggestions

2 Likes

Hell yah @OliveLoaf - the R4 C-Suite rides again!!
@HaveOuimet Lets def link up for a Monday round.
@HoselRocketeer maybe we get a mini meet up going Saturday in Bville with @tjosu??

3 Likes

I would enjoy another dose of Loaf in my life, after failing miserably in May to see you up here. Keep me posted on your whereabouts.

3 Likes

When would you be thinking of trying to play Sat/Sun? Saturday mornings are our only real busy time and I remembered OkSt plays Tulsa at 11am so I usually catch at least most of the game before playing. Sundays are generally wide open, especially early. I’ve also been known to fire up a stream of the game and throw it on in the cart if need be

Anyone have any insight into the Bailey Ranch renovation?

Honestly could do whatever. Would want to play earlier on Sunday as the show is that eve. But open for anything

Had some buddies bail last minute… have 2 openings on Lafortune tomorrow at 910a (8/29). Open invite to anyone who sees this. Reply or DM me and I’ll get you my number!

1 Like

Sorry for the late response here, just getting back in town. I have yet to play Hillcrest despite spending almost four years at COP. That being said, I’m good with wherever on the 11th or 12th.

Following up on this again. Have some ferrules I want changed and wondering if anyone has a builder in OKC?

Had mine done at Golf USA off Kilpatrick. I believe the guy there is Jeremy and he came recommended by several club reps. He did a great job…tho I regret going with the green/yellow on the Hogans.

4 Likes

Well I love them if that makes you feel any better. Those are sweet!

2 Likes

Appreciate that!

Clarify…

The BB&F Ferrules are siiick. He was out of “The Benny” at the time which follows the traditional Hogan ferrule design so I went a different way. Love how they turned out but sometimes I regret not having that iconic hogan ferrule design.

Also I overthink/over analyze…

1 Like

Unsure if he has done this type of work but worth a shot to ask – you might check with @stampsbyjay on Instagram. He is near Kickingbird and has done some great work for me and lots of others.

https://www.instagram.com/stampsbyjay/

2 Likes

Okay, I’m gonna do the thing, apologies in advance. My brother and I are doing a cross country road trip and honestly weren’t planning on playing any golf. But… tomorrow is a short day from indy to Tulsa and we’re hoping to maybe get a quick nine (or eighteen) in when we get into town. Any suggestions for somewhere that might rent clubs and has a good twilight rate? Or a place we have to see.

2 Likes