Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Free ad.

4 Likes

Anyone ever play Battle Creek in BA? We started a new tradition yesterday. We always play 2nd tees, but we tipped it out since it’s US Open week. Lol. It was a fun challenge.

1 Like

Yeah haven’t played it in a couple of years, but pretty fun (if a little average) residential course. Great staff. How’s it looking this year?

If they would take a large bulldozer to all of the holes on the other side of the street by the pond and apartment complex and find a different place to put them, that course would be a lot more enjoyable.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that. I live right there so it’s really convenient, but it’s not one of my favorite places to play. Unfortunately, public golf in Tulsa isn’t great.

Anyone here going to either of the Perry Maxwell Society meet ups over the next two days?

1 Like

I’m a member at Hillcrest so I might already be out there if I don’t get out earlier. Not a society member though so may not be able to work my way into that

I’m gonna be in both outings! Also Mish I literally live down the block from hillcrest so happy to host drinks.

Anyone staying overnight in bartlesville between the events?

2 Likes

“i wish I knew about the PW events before Wednesday”
I just found out and cant make 'em. Next time

1 Like

Something you truly hate to hear @OliveLoaf

@jandywlu we didn’t want to drive to BVille tonight and have procured lodging at the Drumright Inn (sketchy). But we’ll be in town in morning should a brunch, lunch, US Open watch party or emergency 9/18 be up your alley…

2 Likes

@Mish how early you thinking you’ll be in town/how many are with you? Last I looked at the tee sheet there was lots of availability late morning/before lunch. I’d have to confirm this but guest greens fees are normally good for multiple rounds; if that’s still the case and you and @jandywlu wanted a round before the event we could look at setting it up. This could also depend on how crazy you’re feeling with playing 27/36 in this nonsense heat

1 Like

I’m down for being an insane person this weekend since I don’t have a Peacock subscription and Torrey coverage is worse than the multimedia torture they ran at Gitmo

2 Likes

Today was a good day with good company @Mish and @tnjones (who shot even par for the first time at his home course, because apparently I’m a good luck charm).

View coming up the par 5 18th at Hillcrest CC:

11 Likes

Needed more of that luck this morning, same score was not repeated

2 Likes

It’s the greatest time of the year in OKC starting tomorrow with the return of Arts Fest. Looks like we’re getting lucky with weather. I’ll be slinging wine and beer at one of the beverage tents tomorrow afternoon if anyone is around.

6 Likes

Anyone else signed up for the Tulsa City Championship this weekend at LaFortune?

Not me - we are on baby watch, so I’m not allowed to make any plans of any kind for a while…

3 Likes

Acceptable excuse right there. Congrats man!

Major Hangover here!!! Trying to get to 75 for this week. Come join if you’d like. GOLF Thu 5:45 AM CDT - $5 entry - 31/75 spots filled *** https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/109783868

Just ordered my tix for Southern Hills PGA next year. Attending Thursday and Saturday. Hoping to play somewhere on Friday. Hope to see you sikos out there.

4 Likes