Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I played this one recently as well and loved it. I didn’t win any “pga tour events” though, so I paid in extra for the masters and lost that too. Bad day lol.

1 Like

Haha, tough day!

Should we throw a handicap tab on the spreadsheet? (handicap in the loosest sense of the term, although I believe my Grint number to be a fair representation of my bi-polar golf scores)

1 Like

Snake is so much fun and once of my all-time favorites but we should make sure to establish the standard of what’s good if we play. I’ve seen snakes get out of control and slow entire courses down because people won’t give legit tapins in the off chance someone queefs one.

2 Likes

Good point - we should be allowed to give putts to keep pace of play moving. A 5 hour round will cut it close for having a lunch break, so ready golf is a must. Don’t know if this makes snakes games possible or not

1 Like

Yeah, we really just need the stakes to be fairly low so everyone’s kind of cool with it, because I agree with you. It’s not gimmes in and of themselves that mess up the game, but some people argue they screw up the ordering, particularly the last two holes or so.

1 Like

I’m game for most all of what’s been put forth here (maybe not EVERYTHING together at once but open to each haha) for friendly stakes. Especially like the idea of the one-putt poker. A little fun even after the round.

2 Likes

One putt poker is a fun side game. From what I remember, everyone pays $5 to get in the game and then you pay a $3 penalty into the pot for every 3 putt. Winner takes the whole pot or you can pay two spots. Obviously, dollar amounts can vary.

Google Doc

Bumping the google doc - put in a column for playing handicap on the Sleepy tab. I’m down for whatever game(s), everybody good with Venmo?

For all those who couldn’t make it, you missed a wonderful day. I hope folks don’t mind me sharing a few pictures:

5 Likes

We played #8 at Manakiki from that absurd back tee and I made my first ever bogey On the hole lol. We also played #15 from the elevated tee. Would highly recommend people try it from up there if they get the chance. Sadly I wacky tees at Sleepy, those holes are already hard enough.

I made the randoms I was playing with play to tee on #15 haha there was no way I was passing that up. That hole kicks some serious ass. Whole course was perfect. Such a good day.

Hole 15 is an asshole!!! That’s all I will say

Great day though! Good courses and good people all around

Playing the Quarry next week for the first time. Multiple people have told me it’s top notch and my buddy and I are gonna start traveling Up north more for great tracks. Any tips on the course?

What the actual fuck is that snake?!? If those are on golf courses in Ohio, I may need to rethink playing golf in Ohio. Which would suck, because I live decidedly in Ohio.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but @DingleJones parked our cart right next to it where I got out and I almost a)stepped on it and b)pissed my pants . Respect the gamesmanship there

4 Likes

Which course/hole? I fall in the Indiana Jones category of being scared of rats and snakes. And that’s where the similarities end. Also, that is sooooo like him to try and gain an edge like that!

1 Like

8 at Kiki from the back tee is interesting. Played today w my wife and FIL and the pin was all the way back on 8, wild hole. Curious to know if you guys went up over the trees with a driver or took your medicine and hit the 200-220 shot into the dogleg.

Great course all around and was in awesome condition today.

So I am proud to say we played 8 from the tips and I was able to blast it over the trees cutting the dogleg. I then proceeded to queef my approach into the bunker 40 yards off the green, then skulled my bunker shot directly at @jasona93’s head. I ended up with 7. So don’t cut the dogleg.

3 Likes

The snake was at sleepy hollow, I honestly can’t remember what hole. One of the long holes with the woods on the right (yes I know this is all the holes)

1 Like

Same hole with the cart off the cliff right?

1 Like