Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Think I’m going to schedule a Losantiville visit next week

Who can give me a sit rep? Would also be a possible wedding venue in 2025

4 Likes

That is @methridge 's music.

6 Likes

Losantiville is a great option if you live on the east side and are looking for a more low key club. Relatively young membership with increasing energy to improve the club. We just finished a multi-year renovation and the course has been in consistently good shape for the last year. Sporty, hilly but walkable course that won’t knock your socks off but will force you to improve with small greens and no flat lies.

Let me know if you specific questions, feel free to DM.

7 Likes

Booked 9:20 at sleepy tomorrow morning if anyone wants to play. There is still one open spot left on the tee time. $21 if you’re a bonus rounds member @MDM @blackhammer @quicktempo @flanwilder

2 Likes

Mardi Gras carnival with the kids at school tomorrow #sadface

1 Like

Possibly…I should train tomorrow but can probably talk myself out of it by tonight. If anybody scoops it first, enjoy!

Golf Exchange puts on the Dayton, Cincy, and Louisville/Lexington Golf show now.

Last year was a lot different than the one that used to be paired with the Cincy Boat show.

Not a bad way to kill a couple of hours, but not a lot of deals.

2 Likes

Why go run when you can play golf?

I have played Losantiville twice thanks to @methridge, a true gentleman. The first time was in May and the second was in July. Both times the course was in excellent shape, not very busy, and a challenge.

Number 9 green might be one of the fastest I have ever putted on. Lots of movement on the course. It’s a place that can really sharpen your skills.

5 Likes

I pre-paid for a Fox Den hot deal on Sunday earlier this week, so I’ll only be half a sicko this weekend. Bad trade I know

Fomu GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

Guys I’m not gonna lie, I fucking miss golf and being outside. I’m very VERY fortunate to have a good job but PTO wasn’t in the cards this week or weekend. I hope you all enjoyed your rounds.

8 Likes

NEO FYI - Front 9 was closed at Manakiki when I was out there today. Milt said they are putting in new irrigation on the whole front side, and they are done with 4 of the 9 holes. But he doesn’t expect it to be complete and the front side reopened until sometime in April. Until then it’s back 9 only

4 Likes

I honestly think I may have something to do with them not letting people play any of those holes. I played Manakiki in January and they said to skip the one hole as they were actively working on it. I hit a wayward drive and absolutely pinged the dirt diggers bucket. The dude laughed about it when I went and apologized but whoopsie.

2 Likes

Can confirm. LCC is a great everyday course with superb greens. Low key cool logo too.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to playing LCC this year. I think that’s going to happen.

Also, anyone want to buy Girl Scout cookies from my youngest?

Update for anyone looking to go to the Cincy show (or the Louisville/Lexington show, which is a couple of weekends from now I believe).

As a few of our brethren have mentioned on here, it was pretty underwhelming in terms of vendors and/or deals. The best part for me was the skills challenges (flop wall, break the glass, CTP etc.), where I managed to win a couple free rounds at Belterra.

Did get a decent deal on a 56* SM9, to replace my CG15 that, yes, I’ve been gaming for about 9 years.

2 Likes

I’ll also pile on with the praise for Losantiville. Prior to last October, it was one of the few Cincy-area courses I hadn’t seen. Had the privilege of playing (and losing) a three-way match with @Collya and @methridge, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

The golf course itself is very interesting, with tons of variety between individual holes. As Mike and @scuff alluded to, it will make you a better player. I’m a sucker for old courses with slopey greens, and this one checked all the boxes. If I’m ever able to become a member at a private club, Losantiville would be high on my list of hopefuls.

6 Likes

2 great dudes in my group at sleepy today then 1 dude GRINDING out here throwing clubs, 3 balls off of every tee, overall bad vibes bringing down the group. Still happy to be golfing in February.

Also some non Puma gear was spotted.

11 Likes

Headed out to steal another 1. Not sure how much rain we actually got last night, so it could be a mess.

1 Like

I absolutely HATE this hole. F’s my round every time

2 Likes