Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

i will second the recommendation on Gallo’s. if you’re looking for some true grub, Zack’s Kitchen and Deli is also very good, but it is not a sit down place

1 Like

From what I’ve heard over the years it’s:

• number of spots, way more in Columbus.

• location, Columbus courses are about 15-20 minutes from MVGC, Springfield is an hour, and the Memorial guys are already in hotels, courtesy cars, etc. I’ve volunteered on courtesy cars for the memorial a couple times and one thing they have you do is program the gps with the qualifier sites so the pros don’t have to figure it out.

• course preference/fit, Columbus courses are more straight forward, Springfield is shorter, but more tricked up with the greens.

What I’ve noticed over the years is that the pros tend to stick with one or the other, likely due to familiarity and convenience.

1 Like

Never been before, how is it?

My wife and I love it. Like @Warn44 said, maybe not the best for kids even though the outside area is a really nice place to relax and have a couple. Ray Ray’s Hog pit has a dish called the Meat Sweats that my wife and I have shared and still had leftovers that we both enjoyed greatly.

1 Like

Firestone South is a beast

6 Likes

Architecture takes aside, it’s probably so good right now.

2 Likes

Was playing TOUGH. Cool to play somewhere with so much pro history but definitely not dying to play it all the time.

2 Likes

3 spots for Legendary Sunday at 815. If anyone is interested. If not I will cancel the tee time in the morning so they can hand it back out. Or if anyone has an opening Sunday let me know. Anywhere from the Ohio river to northern Dayton.

anyone need a 4th for an early bird round tomorrow AM in northeast ohio?

I was fortunate enough to play Urbana CC and Springfield last Friday. First time at UCC, and what a treat that track is! It was in great shape and was so much fun! SCC is always in immaculate condition but my lord that was the most difficult course I’ve ever set foot on. The pros will shoot 10-14 under, and I’ll be in absolute awe knowing what they’re up against. I posted my 87 and ran to the parking lot thinking I’d cheated somehow to shoot that score

11 Likes

Urbana CC is very under rated for sure.

3 Likes

I played Springfield Country Club on Sunday. Beat me up some but it is so fun.

4 Likes

Made it to Bowling Green KY for the Extinction in a little over 7 hours with Cinci traffic. Really simple drive on 71S 75% of the way. Will definitely return for other HCC events out this way.

Tuned into this on way down.

1 Like

Was really hoping to make it down there for this event but life coming at me fast. The HCC guys have been great to me. Looks like you’ll be the proud owner of some new Buckeye Tags merch soon :wink:

3 Likes

The back 9, original holes, are so fun. #11 is like going up a mountain. PB has a few good holes on the front and a couple head scratchers. Played there a few times a year since i was a teen, always enjoy playing there

1 Like

Miami Valley Golf Association is doing an auction for a round for four with carts at NCR Country Club. Looks like the South Course even. All proceeds benefit Youth On Course. They have been doing these with a different course every week but I haven’t been posting them because for the most part they haven’t been super notable courses. But figured I would on this one since it is.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/103918/auctions/140417/auction_items/4404679

1 Like

Classy Jim

9 Likes

@leftysauce puts on top notch events - just thrilled to be involved

7 Likes

I got to play Park Mammoth in April and it may be the most fun I’ve had playing golf. Easily in my top
3 favorite places to play after one round. Have fun!

4 Likes

This is the correct opinion

2 Likes