Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I have more than any reasonable person would ever need, feel free to hit me up.

2 Likes

Have two spots open for Seneca on Saturday the 27th. @quicktempo and myself on dawn patrol, we launch at 6:30.

Not volunteering, but definitely want to try to get to a qualifier to watch. So, is Springfield the best one bc of the course? Or is a Columbus one better bc of the fields?

1 Like

I haven’t been to the Columbus one, but I can attest that last year in Springfield we did have some PGA pros come through. I enjoyed the hell out of watching them take on the set of greens that they have out there at SCC.

2 Likes

Brookside is hosting again this year and I’ve watched there in the past. Easier (?) walk than Springfield is my guess and there’s a few holes that converge for some good views. I’d imagine camping out on the new #11 would be a good spot to spend some time.

3 Likes

You’ve been to both so from one sicko to another, if you had to pick one: Friday at Memorial or Monday at a qualifier? I did Memorial last year and loved it. But leaning qualifier this year.

1 Like

Tuesday or Wednesday at Memorial :wink:

I’d still pick Memorial on Friday though. You know what you’ve got and won’t get any WD’s mid-round or something like that. BUT the qualifier is a blast. Especially if you spend a good amount of time with one group, they’re more likely to interact. I guess take a look at the qualifier tee sheet before making a decision.

2 Likes

I’d probably go qualifier myself just because I haven’t done it.

You’ll typically get more pros and a better field at Brookside but a better course and still some pros at Springfield. Really can’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

One thing I love about the qualifiers is the no ropes situation. You want to walk down the fairways? Get relatively closely to greens? As long as you’re respectful, then by all means.

Shared a really funny moment with Sahith after he drop kicked a drive last year at Springfield when the rest of his group walked off the tee and it was just him and me standing there and we just kind of laughed about it together because we both knew what happened.

5 Likes

The qualifier at Brookside always has a strong field of pros that fellow sickos will recognize, and usually some very strong amateurs, Scottie played here a few years ago, Cole Hammer, and even " the now former Big Golfer" fresh of his NCAA win. I am biased because i work there, Springfield CC is a great course to watch at too. We should have a preliminary list of players soon, if i see it i will throw some names out

3 Likes

Don’t want to sort change The Lakes, they are the co-host in Columbus this year. Never been out there though

Shoutout and best of luck to our very own @nohio in the USGA Amateur Four Ball this week at Kiawah. Hit ‘em straight, roll ‘em pure.

And if you cross paths with Tony Romo and his hand-selected 17 year old partner, be sure to give him the old Stephen Ames treatment. And tell him how insufferable he is to listen to during Browns telecasts

13 Likes

Their locker is right next to ours, so I’m assuming we’ll run into him at some point.
Thanks for the well wishes! We’ll do our best

12 Likes

Went out to Cumberland trail with my brother and 2 buddies. Place is in really good shape, starting to fill in all the bunkers

Gorgeous day out to play

4 Likes

Count me in

1 Like

Thought I had my first hole in 1 earlier today.

14 Likes

Truly a tough scene for the bag tag boy on this one.

9 Likes

Turned into a pretty solid day out there

2 Likes

A little late, but do you still need a box? I have a couple in my garage. I’m in Dublin.

1 Like

Two day member member today and just want to say I’m putting myself on notice. Think I need to leave and shrink the game.

4 Likes