Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

You ever been to tha bing?

1 Like

Dusk til dawn vibes

2 Likes

Dusk till Dawn seems more accurate. The Bing would require going to North Jersey. So ima pass.

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, from the flight deck this is your captain speaking. On behalf of the OATW flight crew, we would like to welcome you aboard the 2023 roost season. To kick things off, we will be heading to Reeves GC in scenic Cincinnati on Saturday April 22nd for a two-man best ball quota game. This will be a double-wave start beginning at 12pm. The top five teams will be invited to the OATW roost championship later in the summer. There will also be prizes for top performances, details TBD.

To sign up, add your name to the sheet HERE and send $20 to PayPal.Me. This fee will secure your spot and includes your charitable donation. You can list your partner in column G but both players need to sign up individually. You can also sign up as a single and be paired up.

Cost for the event will be $46 at the course and this will include your greens fee and lunch- carts are not included.

We have received approval from the tower to proceed- we are now cleared for The Takeoff.

Take Off

Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

16 Likes

How was out there today? Went and hit some balls at windmill after seeing this and getting jealous

Definitely wet but not terrible considering all the rain we got lately. Glad I got out to hit some shots. Think next nice weekend I am going to try and book some spots for Ellsworth

5 Likes

I’d be in for some Ellsworth next weekend.

Always in for Ellsworth once it’s open.

My guy Ken and I got around in like 2:45 this morning at Brookledge. 5th or 6th random pairing across Brookledge / Windmill. Plays fast, forecaddies in the cart, rips cigars/heroic draws, smooth jazz on the speaker. Legend

5 Likes

That’s cruising around Brookledge! That place is NOTORIOUS for getting extremely backed up. Tried to join but had to run out of town for a bit. Excited to get out with everyone!

1 Like

Hey I am going to be in Hamilton, Ohio this weekend. I was wondering what the conditions are like right now and if its worth it to bring my clubs. I am coming from Arizona. I have a meeting and its supposed to rain on Friday but might be clear on Saturday. Are there any good courses near by and will it be absolutely freezing and not worth it?

Think more your issue is everything is probably a swamp. But Godspeed.

2 Likes

Yea agree with @RunOfTheDill . Wherever you are interested in playing ask them about course conditions. A lot of courses are pretty wet right now.

1 Like

Sheesh that’s what I was afraid of. Appreciate the advice

1 Like

Big diff between northern and southern Ohio right now. Cleveland area is looking like rain/snow through 3/20 on the extended right now. Boo.

1 Like

New kid to Cincy here. Joined Maketewah and would love to host/ get together with some folks in the area for a game at some point!

15 Likes

Just joined Mak myself and I’m new to the city. Would love to get out at some point!

2 Likes

I’m over the west side, if you need a 4th let me know!

I got out and played Sunday it wasn’t as wet as I thought it was going to be should be dried out by Friday. There’s a few nice courses down near Hamilton would say it’s out of the cards completely. Bring the clubs and give a few a call should be able to get a round in.

What do you consider freezing? It’s supposed to be 49 on Saturday. That might be pretty cold for someone from Arizona, but that’s early spring golf weather for us.

If you bring the sticks, Indian Ridge looks to be a good bet. It’s about 15 minutes from downtown Hamilton. Maybe someone can chime in about the course as I have never played it.

2 Likes

Love Indian Ridge. Should be open at this time of the year as I remember sneaking in some rounds between November-March when I was at school. Fun layout, not too challenging and well maintained.