Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

No temp tees when I played in December but houses everywhere on Meadows. It’s really only holes 3 & 4 on lakeside that are brutal. 7, 8 & 9 play into and along the lake and it’s awesome. Woodland is still pretty much house free.

1 Like

The Grizzly definitely counts as a muni, but I don’t think it’s a good course. It falls in the same space as a lot of the CRC and Parks district courses to me, although it’s typically in better shape than most of the others.

If you’re a TGJ subscriber they have a free service (well with your dues) to get a GHIN through now; I forget the name of it. I’m gonna give it a try to track my golf goals for at least the first part of the year.

1 Like

Shout out all the free bets from DK and Fanduel for us in OH. Sheeeeesh are they keeping the free money train rolling with these one point scored bets. What is the most anyone’s up with house money right now? My buddy used my FanDuel referral and won 3800 on his first parlay of his life at age 45.

2 Likes

I’m up a total of like 500 so far with some money still in play that could pay big. Also decided to go ahead and grab Morikawa at +2000 to win the us open

4 Likes

After watching the Madoff Doc and being up a couple hundred dollars I’m about to start the OATW Everyone Gets Fitted for Titleist’s Fund. If you’re unable to “withdrawal” in 2023, we’ll deal with it in 2024 I promise.

5 Likes

Are you by chance at London CC? My sister in law lives near by there and every time I drive by it has me very curious. Looks like a cool spot from the road.

I am! I’ve been the superintendent here for almost 20 years. It’s a cool spot, only 9 holes but with 2 sets of tees. It’s only a little over 6000 yards, but has pretty quirky greens and is a lot of fun!

10 Likes

Brand new here, still trying to figure out exactly how all this is supposed to work. Been an NLU listener for the past year, finally decided to join the nest and check out these message boards. Any tips for what I should expect here?

2 Likes

If you want to sell anything be prepared to attach a pic of your feet on the Silk Road. That’s probably one of the odder things to expect.

8 Likes

Use your better judgement, don’t be a scumbag, don’t take yourself too seriously, get involved, join our roost.

And welcome. Are you Team SW, NE, NW, SE or central Ohio?

2 Likes

We all love a good golfer-sock tan

If I was known for using my better judgement, I’d leave the 60* out of my bag.

And thanks, I’m up in Toledo.

3 Likes

Need some help Ohio.Coming to Cincinnati for a night at the end of the month, what part of town is best to grab a hotel in?

I would say it depends on what your goal is for the stay. Or are you just hoping not to stay in a not good part of town?

1 Like

Depends on what you want. Clifton is UC campus, lots going on there at night, and short Uber downtown.

Downtown is also nice but no major sports going on right now, other than Bengals playoff game this weekend. Still night life and good eats downtown.

Burbs are not very interesting unless your looking to play golf :grinning:

1 Like

Staying over the river in Newport/Covington isn’t too bad either.

3 Likes

Another Toledo guy! Awesome. @paroutfromhere and I are both Toledo guys.

1 Like

Good to know! I figured there’d be a couple other guys way up here.

1 Like

There’s a few but NW Ohio is pretty under represented in the roost. @Conley76 is in Findlay.

Where do you usually play?