Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Make it to Whispering Woods on the way out or back?

We didn’t get to golf in Erie, because the weather was terrible on Sunday. Very disappointing.

Don’t we have someone here who can get on Scioto? Or was that the OSU course?

1 Like

If someone can get me off of Scioto, I’d give em cash/lots of weed or both.

My wife works at OSU so i can get off on Scarlet, but I’m personally not a huge fan of it. The Butcher ruined it- Used to be pure in the 90s. Number 5? , the first par 5 is the worst one I’ve ever played.

1 Like

Headed up to Detroit this weekend with a buddy for a few rounds then gonna play Stoneridge on our way back. Haven’t played it since 2000 when I was at BG.

Heard rumors Scioto isn’t allowing guest play(or it’s very restricted) this year bec of the reno

Not sure on guests but i was told second hand from the Super that play was gonna be limited this year while the turf matures

1 Like

If anyone wants to play Stoneridge on Monday, let me know.

Anyone gone up to Detroit to hit the white ball around? We are playing Devils Ridge and Shepard’s Hollow. Both are supposed to be top notch

We still have spots at the FOURTH iteration of the original Refuge event in Cincy on 10/22/22. OATW events have been great but this is the real deal.

6 Likes

Damn it, Ill be in Tennessee.

Have a spot open at Sleepy on Saturday for 7:30. Any takers? @MDM @quicktempo

1 Like

Wish I could, but out for Saturday. Thanks for invite.

We played our college event at Glenmoor CC near Canton. Very nice course and a very interesting clubhouse which used to serve as a seminary school. It did play very soft due to the rain.

5 Likes

@flanwilder or @blackhammer you want in on this? Still have 1 spot open

Yes, I’m in if it’s still available. @Browcoww77 not sure why when I hit reply it doesn’t actually reply. User error

1 Like

You got it. 7:30

My alma mater hosted that tournament!
During the days of the WGC’s at Firestone, The Cat would stay at Glenmoor’s clubhouse.
Though the course is usually in fantastic condition, I’m not a large fan of the layout and I think it’s been generally rated as one of Jack’s “worst courses.”

1 Like

We were supposed to stay in the clubhouse but the boiler broke and the entire place had 0 running water. How nice are the rooms?

I’ve never stayed there or seen the rooms. The furthest I’ve made it was the pro shop and I don’t even remember much of that!