Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

We have a Monday night league at kiki if you wanna stick around for a cold one.

1 Like

I would love to, and I appreciate the offer, but I’ve got to get back to Grand Rapids, MI that evening

3 Likes

I loved it as well the only time I’ve played it. Some strong holes out there.

6 Likes

My buddy bartended at Bogey during Memorial week when we were in college and he’d make 1k avg a night in tips.

Saw Sergio in 99 or 00, walk into bogey, 10 minutes later, walked out with a 10.

3 Likes

I can’t wait till I leave this bar. 10 more minutes.

5 Likes

Just was told Muirfield village GC bought the bogey.

4 Likes

Played Gray today with the Dad and Brother. First time at OSU. Compared to all of the horror stories about how tedious it is to get in there, it was an absolute breeze. They just asked our affiliation, no alumni association look ups or anything, just to set our rates.

Gray isn’t the most memorable course in the world, but it was in pretty good shape. They were in the process of mowing down the rough while we were out there but even the stuff that was mowed was pretty brutal. Another experience where it was real easy to lose a ball just a few inches off of the fairway. Bunkers had sand that felt a bit more like loose dirt than sand, but were still playable. Greens were slow but in otherwise nice condition.

I was a big fan of the clubhouse and the facilities. Just felt a little more special place to be than most places I’ve played. Solid experience, can’t wait to go back and be underwhelmed by Scarlet.

3 Likes

That’s interesting, wondering if it’s just a land grab to add to the parking or if they have plans for it?

1 Like

Scarlet bunkers might be the toughest I’ve ever played- The first par 5 is fucking awful. I used to play it a bunch and if you are just a bit off, it’ll crush you.

1 Like

Seeing it from Gray, it looks so much more interesting, but yeah all I ever hear about is how penal those bunkers are.

1 Like

Got 3 spots for Fowlers Mill on May 22 at 8:10. Dude on the phone said I booked it before they jacked up prices so should be $43 to walk.

2 Likes

Any NE Ohio guis need a fourth tomorrow afternoon?

I’m in for a spot!

Also he said $79 is going to be the summer weekend walking rate, which is way too high. Sadly this will probably be my only round there until they drop back down to Fall rates. Fowler’s aint worth 79.

I’m in Mark, never played Fowlers. Seems like an ideal situation with the rate.

1 Like

See you Brookledge and Manakiki this summer!

1 Like

$79 walking rate

4 Likes

Fowlers: “We are prestigous and a proper test of golf and therefore will have the rates to reflect as such.”

Internet Golf Hardos: “That’s just, like, your opinion man.”

6 Likes

If they fully restored the course and had it in pristine condition I MIGHT pay $79 because I love the course. However, It is neither restored or in pristine condition.

1 Like