Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

How far away is the wedding? Can you snag the 11:30 am tee time and make it around in 3 hours and still make the wedding?

Sweet! going to have to check it out.

Definitely not going to get around on a saturday midday at in 3 hours, probably closer to 4.5, maybe play the front?

Obvious solution is have your friend move their wedding to accommodate you

4 Likes

All you’ve got to do is run between shots and have everyone let you play through. Easy Peasy.

My wedding ceremony isn’t until 6:30pm, can probably swing it.

10 Likes

I have a straw hat and Hawaiian shirt I’ll be wearing.

Definitely “won’t” make one of these and put it in a flask beforehand.

Edit: @golf4miami its a zombie using don the beachcombers 1934 recipe. Pain in the ass to make but I like doing a fancy one about once a month.

9 Likes

You’ve gotta tell me what you’re drinking there.

@DingleJones - OH MAN That’s absolutely one of my favorite drinks. Was lucky enough to eat at Don’s at Huntington Beach before it went away.

2 Likes

cool we can pair you up with randy

6 Likes

The first group is all people who have to go to weddings later that day. And we have to play in tuxedo t shirts.

12 Likes

Anyone here played in NOGA events. How are they? Just released their schedule. Me and a buddy were considering them just to play some other courses.

Big variance between our handicaps him being a plus 2 and me being a 12 so assuming I’ll get capped but like I said, just want to play some other courses. Assuming the cost is probably about equal to what we’d pay if we had our pro call some of these places for us to play anyways.

1 Like

@joecline41 is your guy

3 Likes

Thanks.

Also saw that my club was hosting their old pals qualifier. What are you qualifying for here? Information is a bit lacking hahah.

Hate that I can’t make this but everybody enjoy! Love that we’re getting everything on the calendar early, pumped for this golf season

1 Like

We have a group that plays there bi-weekly all winter. Its great. Cheap and can bring your own food and booze. The sims are good as well. Rarely are they glitchy.

2 Likes

Love Tiki at the Kiki

4 Likes

That’s heat right there. I might just show up sip tiki drinks around the first tee.

8 Likes

I think the tribe has spoken and we’re going with Tiki at the Kiki :fire:

Plan your attire accordingly

11 Likes

Clutch time for the Puma Hawaiian releases for me

6 Likes

We need a tiki cup with the manakiki clubhouse in the background for the logo

4 Likes

I played in my first NOGA event last summer and really enjoyed it. I am a 16 so only did the net events. Up until this year those were flighted but it seems like now it’s going to just be played at gross and then you get a net score based on your handicap. I like the idea of that. The guys I played with were telling me that the match play is a great time. I definitely am doing the single match play this year.

I’d imagine if you and your buddy play the 4-ball then it’d be the same—you just play gross then scores get adjusted. I’m gonna try to play the 4-ball at Elyria but am leaning towards not doing that match play. Not keen on the idea of trying to set up matches on 4 people’s schedule.

If you have any questions I would email the tournament director, I wanna say her name is Lindsay. She was super helpful and fast to respond when I emailed her last year. Hope to see you there!

Edit: @RunOfTheDill If you do find anything about the old pals please share. Sounds like it’s an old Toledo District GA event that’s surviving them being absorbed by NOGA last year.

2 Likes