Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Kenwood will probably be completely closed to the membership during the tournament, even the other 18. They want to feature their new tournament course and start getting eyeballs on it, they’ll likely concede to a lot…probably not on course parking though :slight_smile:

Oakley parking lots and shuttle service seem like a legit option? Probably also Kings Island parking and shuttle down 71.

When I went to the PGA at Valhalla the bus ride was like 30 mins so they would def move it way out of the Kenwood area. That would put kings island in range but on the far side.

Yup I did that too from Papa John’s stadium. I think it’ll be a shorter ride give it’s just interstate, but I don’t see an alternative, and the club’s parking lot is big enough for players/media/maybe volunteers

1 Like

That’s not even counting the infrastructure. Its less than a PGA Tour event obviously, but it still exists.

3 Likes

I still have 3 spots open for Sleepy Hollow on Sunday the 12 at 8am if anyone wants to join and discuss the power rankings of NEO courses while playing one of NEO’s finest.

3 Likes

Probably dump everyone into the overflow parking they use for the western southern. That is what that grass field is there for anyway.

1 Like

That seemed really far away in my head, but i guess it is only a 20-ish minute drive. Makes enough sense, I suppose.

1 Like

I love Elyria. There Flynn gives you lots of risk/reward without needing to bomb it a mile or have such difficult greens like Ross typically does. His use of the land there is incredible

I have a soft spot in my heart for Elyria, and always will, from caddying there. It is absolutely deserved though. As a country club its always conditioned really well obviously, but those greens man, phew. They will make you think a lot. I do also appreciate that most greens have decent width on the run-ups since its pretty tree lined, you can get punch shots onto the green with a little skill. If I were to ever become a member somewhere, its on my short list. Oberlin probably tops though since I don’t really care to pay for the other country club amenities at this point in my life. (add a couple kids for the pool, then we’ll talk).

1 Like

I’ll play, if there is still a spot open.

1 Like

Yupp they are still open. Now there are 2 remaining spots for Sleepy Hollow on Sunday the 12 at 8am.

I’ll do Sleepy on Sunday morning. However my presence is dependent on baby arrival. I got the ok to go though because Sleepy is close to home.
Also bonus, there is that outing there on Saturday so the course is probably going to be DIALED.

4 Likes

4 Likes

And wouldn’t you know it, mere hours after this post the wife is getting induced due to slightly high blood pressure and voila! 10 more hours later we have a baby girl. Kira Williams was born yesterday morning at Fairview and everyone is doing great!!
So I am out for Sunday at Sleepy, lol.

23 Likes

My man!! Congrats to you both! The ducky blanket bringing back the feels. Get some rest.

2 Likes

Beautiful! make sure to pop into the parents thread!

8 Likes

Still have 2 spots for sleepy tomorrow at 8.

Looks like your favorite hole :joy:

2 Likes