Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Ditto! Parma Heights here.

1 Like

Hello fellow Ohioans! Greater Cincinnati area (Butler County) newcomer.

6 Likes

Welcome. I’m just up the road in Dayton.

1 Like

It constantly amazes me how many NE and SW guys are here but rarely any central or NW. Maybe they are the silent contingent

Welcome - west sider in Cleveland as well. Looking forward to getting out with some of you once the weather breaks!

Related to Cleveland golf, I know there have been recommendations about pros to take lessons from in the Columbus and Cincinnati areas, but don’t know if I’ve seen anything about the Cleveland area. My father in law is looking for something other than Golftec. Any of you guis have any pros you’d recommend in the greater NEO area?

I have a great guy in Boston Twnshp. Not sure if that’s too far south.

I plan on heading to Detroit for the Maxamania event in May if anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger and wants a ride.

2 Likes

Yeah, not a lot of us in the central…and even less that play at private clubs.

3 Likes

Boston would work well. If you have his info and wouldn’t mind passing along, I’d appreciate it.

I`m in Amherst, lots of nice courses within and hour or so drive. Our favorites are Little mountain, Manakiki, and Thunderbird to name just a few. But the best place I ever played was this past summer in a pandemic was Erin Hills…what an amazing place. It kicked me in the teeth but great memories with my Son.

5 Likes

Did some searching deep in the archives and want to know if you ever made a decision. I’m thinking about brookside or little turtle this year.

1 Like

I ended up joining at York. Brookside was a close second but York was better pricewise and made more sense for me. I have friends who have played Little Turtle and didn’t love the course and it also doesn’t have a range which was a big negative for me.

3 Likes

It seems like York has been everyone’s first Columbus country club since I was in high school there (rip riveria).

That’s not a knock. I think they’re always looking for members, but people seem to enjoy it

3 Likes

I’ve never played York but rarely have ever heard a bad thing. Always seems to be enjoyed by people I know that have played it.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean the only complaint I can think of is that pace of play can be quite slow at times (which I’m sure is an issue at most places). I’ve really been happy with my decision to join there. I definitely don’t think I’ll stay there forever but for now it’s great.

1 Like

The Riv was awesome. Grew up 2 minutes away. A @Soly favorite.

2 Likes

I haven’t played York since my junior days when my dad belonged to Wedgewood. Greens were always in good shape at York. I believe they redesigned/Reshaped the course years back.

1 Like

What’s up fellow Refugees I am new to the Columbus area by way of Northern VA (DC burbs) and am excited to swing the sticks once the snow melts, look forward to checking out the local golf scene only played Dublin GC once when I was here for the Memorial…hopefully will eventually join a club but otherwise looking to get out when I can…cheers

5 Likes

Welcome. There are a decent number of transplants in the cbus area nowadays.

1 Like

I’m in the Dublin area. Lots of phenomenal privates in the area but the public golf scene is not great.

1 Like