Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

As someone who nerds out on amateur golf, I second the shoutout to NEOHGOLF. They report on anything amateur golf related.

2 Likes

Allen does a fantastic job. Such a good job that he was able to become an affiliate club with NOGA. NEOHGOLF is the host for my handicap.

1 Like

Go vote, ya turkey burgers :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I am in for Sunday. Updated the spreadsheet.

If anyone wants to join, details below.

2 Likes

Alright I am officially in, got the OK from the wife this morning. My details have been added to the spreadsheet

3 Likes

Nice!

For anybody on the fence, we’ve still got 2 foursomes available, I’ll cancel any we aren’t using this evening and will get back with more details

1 Like

We might need to bring some rain pants :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

@Canes525 @Zachilroy @Browcoww77 @back9fade @blackhammer @Buck

I’m going to put this in to the Golf Gamebook app so we have live scoring this weekend. If you want to follow along, download the app and set up an account. Only one person from each group needs to enter scores. Once we get closer and establish pairings, I’ll set up the game in the app.

For any sickos that want to follow along that aren’t playing, I can provide a view code once I set up the game.

3 Likes

The heavy stuff won’t come down for quite a while :joy:

5 Likes

Rat farts!

1 Like

Just want to echo the praise for what Allen Freeman has done with NEOHGolf.com. He has built something special for the local amateur golf scene. It’s been cool to see his site grow and evolve over the past 10+ years. When the Strapped boys come to Cleveland, Al would make for a good Sherpa.

Also, shout out to NOGA for the events they put on. This year alone, they’ve hosted tournaments at Canterbury, Canton Brookside, and Country for around $100/round. Those are all arguably top 100 courses in the country, plus they’ve gone to Kirtland in the past. Not to mention, the “B” list of courses they visit on a regular basis include Firestone North/South/West, Mayfield, Sand Ridge, Elyria, Shaker, Portage, Sharon, Congress Lake, Barrington, etc.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year with the merger with Toledo Golf Association. The TGA has had a regular stop at Inverness, so hopefully that will continue into the future.

2 Likes

do you have a link for the TGA?

edit: found it

Just added myself to the google sheet. I just happen to have played there twice in the past month. Not saying I’m guaranteed to go low, but…

2 Likes

NOGA run quality events. They use live scoring, an electronic leader board, and actually track pace of play. I’ve only played two but everyone working has been helpful and friendly.

If Inverness pops up on the event schedule, I’ll clear my schedule and enter immediately. It was always a place I would have liked to play but since the ‘restor-vation’, it’s gone to the top of my list. I still go back and watch the highlights from the Junior Am just to see it

Went out to The Ridge this morning. Formally buck ridge. It’s as windy as I’ve played this year. Had to be 10-25 mph winds with some big gusts. 77, 1 birdie. 9 fairways/8 greens/29 putts.

Went to Sleepy Hollow this morning. First off. Playing downwind was really fun. Back into it though? It became a grind. I had a few 112 playing 140 shots

1 Like

I hit a 5 iron from 150 into the wind and landed short of green but rolled pin high. My buddy couldn’t believe I hit a 5. I said it’s a 100% feel
Shot. Just gotta trust it.

1 Like

What are the tee times for Sunday?

I believe the first tee time is 9:10.

1 Like

9:10 is the first time, we’ve got 2 tee time’s worth as it stands, so this is the last call for any others! Happy to call the course tomorrow and sort it out if we wind up with an odd number (go off in 3’s or whatever).

If anybody has a preference for first or second group speak up soon please, otherwise @Gary if you want to set it up in the app (which I’ll download and am happy to be the scorekeeper for my group) and update the sheet we’ll go launch ‘em.

I’d say up to everybody on their thoughts on cart sharing. I think we’ve got some usual walkers and likely CPO so do as you feel

1 Like