Roll Call: North Carolina

Lonnie Poole is closer to RDU

1 Like

And a better golf course than Duke or UNC. Finally State has something on Carolina and Duke.

That was my next question. Recommend Lonnie over the other two?

Yes but budget for a 5 hour round if you plan to get a flight after.

Cape Fear National is a solid track!

1 Like

yeah I think thursday this week im gonna venture out to Lonnie Pool myself

1 Like

Thanks fellow refugees for filling out my week

Tues - playing at SML copper cover gc on the way down with @bw72 , then meeting up with @fore20 at Jamestown Park that evening around 4
Wed- Bermuda Run with @Very.chipper
Thurs- Lonnie Pool probably if anyone wants to join me or is interested in golf on thursday holla
Friday- Hillandale with @Double_Bogey_Dave

2 Likes

if yall see the birdie wagon feel free to honk

3 Likes

Country in a creepy white van with no windows…? Seems to check out.

6 Likes

I’ll be visiting my parents in pittsboro for Labor Day and want to play a round with my dad that Sunday. Given it’s gonna be a tough time to get on any suggestions?

Closest option will be Chapel Ridge, but they’ll probably still be on temp greens so definitely ask the pro shop before booking. If their new greens are ready, it’s a really fun layout. Preserve at Jordan Lake is close by but it’s difficult and not really enjoyable. You could drive 30 mins south to Sanford and play Tobacco Road or Quail Ridge. Or drive west and play Siler City CC. Otherwise head up to Chapel Hill or Durham for one of the university courses.

1 Like

I have played siler city CC a few times. Discount rounds can be found on golf moose or under par. I think it is a maples front and a Tom Jackson back. The front and back play very different but both are decent. Early September may not be the best conditions. They have bent greens

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I played UNC last time I was there and liked it a lot. Is duke worth the price and accessible?

Duke is accessible and a solid choice.

1 Like

Anyone interested in playing Southern Pines GC on 10/7 with the Pinehurst Donnybrook crew? Currently have 6 open tee times so get your name on the list and join us.
If no takers I will be giving the 1054 tee time back to SP on 8/16.

3 Likes

What is the rate $ ?

The rate is $85 which is unbelievable.

New to NLU. Live in Southern Pines and need help getting connected with some golf nuts like me. Trying to get into the Vibestock event in October at Longleaf. Appreciate any other guidance. Love to meet up with you guys.

13 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave can you get Harper the WhatsApp link. Also feel free to reach out if you want to get together and play some golf.

2 Likes

Newbie at this whole refuge thing. From Eastern North Carolina. Just starting to figure this whole golf thing out I do enjoy playing but not great yet. Just wanted to say hello!

9 Likes