Roll Call: North Carolina

@JamesHCard @bmasters I’m down literally for whatever. My options are getting in at 8:30 am or 10:30 am…then renting a car and going wherever in the CLT area. Leaning towards the 10:30 arrival time so I don’t have like a 3 am wake up in Philly, but the 8:30 landing ensures I can get to anywhere at pretty much anytime and still be able to drive to TN afterwards in mostly light…

Okay confirmed I’m going to be on the flight that lands at 8:30

2 Likes

Mimosa is special, a bit outside Charlotte, but since you are going to TN, very well may be on the way.

2 Likes

Oh yah looks like it’s literally halfway between clt and Kingsport, tn

3 Likes

Now we’re talking…

1 Like

15 Likes

I grew up in Church Hill……crazy to see that in a post on here. They have one 9 hole course, Bays Mountain, used to get dropped off there as a kid and play all day. BTW…Mimosa is not really between CLT and Kingsport. Pals Rocks!!!

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

I just put two and two together that the Morganton mimosa is in is the Morganton right next to hickory where the company i work for has a facility that makes furniture lol. I’ve been down there a few times (non golf related).

4 Likes

Hmmm, makes sense. I was thinking 77 to 81.

There’s something about NC that really brings out the “well you really should do this route” more than any other state on this site

6 Likes

“Go about 3 miles down the road, when you see the old Tobacco barn take a left down the dirt path, follow that until you reach the paved road. Take a right”

3 Likes

Anybody in the RTP area need a 4th today or tomorrow?

Yah the few times I’ve done the drive between my WH and CLT it always takes me on mainly back roads until I get up near tri-cities which is IMO a lot more interesting than the interstates. I play a game of counting the # of dollar generals I pass.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s a left not a right….a right goes down to Jim bobs place

2 Likes

Group of 8 that hopes to meet last minute in Sandhills for a 36 hole day on Saturday, July 31 and due to US Kids the area is pretty booked up/closed for non tournament play.

Any opinions when it comes to the “budget” options of Foxfire, Seven Lakes, Whispering Pines for a 36 hole day? Our group is pretty laid back, loves the vibe of the Sandhills area particularly when the course is not a housing development.

Thanks for any intel!

1 Like

They are OK, though all have housing on them in some manner. I would think your best bet would be Foxfire out of that group.

Would call to check on when they aerated. Normally I would jump in with a Hyland recommendation, but they aerate in late July. Might also consider Legacy, which has very little housing other than a few holes on the front and along 16.

Do NOT play Whispering Pines, the greens are in awful shape. You might consider Deercroft, though bent greens will be slow.

Quail Ridge in Sanford is another god budget bet. 7 lakes can be really fun and a good deal, but avoid Beacon Ridge.

2 Likes

thanks everyone! Appreciate the insight.

So we have 12:21 on Raintree South for Sunday & @bmasters has 1pm at Mimosa. Totally up to what you want to do @ChickPhilA - Mimosa is a much better/more fun course, by all accounts. If you want to do Mimosa, I will do my best to be able to make that work but may not be able to swing it. If we do Raintree, I think my wife would join for 9. If she decides against it, @tres_carlos has declared being up for it!

2 Likes