Roll Call: North Carolina

Thanks! I’ll shoot you a dm once I get all the supplies together, currently very indecisive with what ferrules I want.

Do you mean the 12th or 19th. I get confused with the next (weekday) vs this (weekday). Everyone uses it different.

We’ll be there the 19th, then playing at longleaf on the 20th, also an open a lot there for Saturday…curious you said you work at the zoo? Pretty sure my wife and sons are going to end up coming down too and visiting the zoo on Saturday now.

1 Like

Yep. I work at the zoo. You need to get advanced tickets for the zoo. We are still capped at 3000 guests per day and we are selling out on weekends pretty quickly.

1 Like

Thanks for that info! And thanks for your work too, my family absolutely loves going there.

1 Like

Minnesotan here. Parents are renting a place in Marble, couple hours west of Asheville and I was going to visit them late March. Outside of Old Toccoa Farm and possibly making the drive over to Sweetens, is there much over that way worth playing? Not much is jumping off the page after googling for a bit.

Towards Sweetens? If you can get on Black Creek or Sewanee, both are great. Haven’t played McLemore but it looks good.

1 Like

Haven’t had a chance to play it yet but I have heard great things about Sequoyah National. Also they just finished up a pretty significant renovation this summer, if you play it would love to hear what you think.

1 Like

Hi… is there a Pinehurst specific thread? Having a hard time finding it. Thanks!

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/pinehurst-trips/878

Thanks @bluehose … getting a message that the thread is private. Must be why it doesn’t show up in my search.

It’s behind the paywall.

Anyone interested in joining the wife and I at Wilmington Muni Sunday afternoon?

2 Likes

I’m game… the greens have been awesome lately

1 Like

Awesome! We’ve got the 145 time. If anyone else is interested that leaves 1 spot.

1 Like

I’ve got a buddy who may want to join if no one else on here wants in

1 Like

I have an open spot at Longleaf saturday at 11 if anyone needs to use their voucher before it expires

1 Like

Looking for some advice on a trip to Pinehurst Resort, and although I’m a North Carolinian there’s a good chance this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Resort itself. I’ve booked a package for four at the end of August that includes 4 rounds and have added on rounds at the Cradle and #3. Four my four included rounds I’ve got numbers 2, 4, 8, and 9. Looking for some advice on whether #9 is the best fourth option or if I should consider one of the other courses I’m not already playing particularly #7. Would appreciate hearing y’all’s thoughts.

You’ve got 2,3,4 which are the best of the bunch. 8 is really good too. Don’t discount number 1 for a casual round on the main resort property. It’s not long. It won’t beat you up like 2,4,8. And it finishes right next to number 4. You can walk right over to the Pinecone for a drink after 18.

3 Likes

I think you’d be pleased to play any of the other resort courses (esp 3) over 9, personally.

1 Like