Roll Call: North Carolina

Longleaf and Hyland are the best bang for your buck options. Longleaf is a bit better than Hyland, but both are a lot of fun.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me - guess iā€™ve got to find some time between now and 3/31 to get that round in

Umstead Pines on the groupgolfer deal today

A ways out, but Iā€™ll be driving through Charlotte at some point in May on a Thursday and was hoping to stop and get in a round. Iā€™m willing to go a little outside of Charlotte. Any recommendations? Would love to meet up with a fellow Refuge member or three and play a round. Iā€™ll have more details as it gets closer and can see about trying to work out a meet up if anyoneā€™s available.

1 Like

Methinks youā€™ll have no problem rounding up 1 to a half dozen of your closest random internet friends when the day comes. Keep us posted!

1 Like

Which direction are you coming from? If thereā€™s one thing we love more than golf itā€™s arguing about best routes to take to get to golf

5 Likes

Ha, Iā€™ll be coming from the Raleigh area. My end destination is SW York County.

1 Like

Ahh - easy answers that most people will want to join you at - Fort Mill or Monroe

Thatā€™s good to know. Do you know much about Verdict Ridge? Had someone mention it to me, but I really donā€™t know anything about it.

Played it once with @anon29849602 and @bmasters - I wasnā€™t biggest fan but it is a CLT favorite for most.

So for your planning purposes if think of CLT as a clock:
Fort Mill - 7
Monroe - 4
Verdict Ridge - 11

1 Like

If I recall correctly, thereā€™s a fake waterfall. A hallmark of a great course.

2 Likes

Sold.

1 Like

Creeping in the North Carolina page as a Michigander. My wife, son, and I have escaped the Michigan cold and am living in Aberdeen for the month of March. Hope to tee it up with some of you while down here!

6 Likes

Any interest in playing Whispering Pines on Saturday morning?

1 Like

Driving from Charlotte to Wilmington tomorrow. Going to stop and play along the way. Iā€™m sure they have been talked about a million times. But any quick recs I should look into. Also can someone send me the whatapp group info for Charlotte, and anything in Raleigh area too. I am in those areas for work every year. And out on the coast. Like to link up sometime. Thanks in advance!

1. Monroe Golf Club
  2. Eagle Chase Golf Club-Marshville
  3. Twin Valley Golf Club-Wadesboro. Super strapped vibes but wildly cheap.
  4. Detour to Pinehurst then on to Wilmington.
  5. Detour to Cheraw State Park Golf Course then on to Wilmington.
1 Like

Super 8 in aberdeen for $54 going to get me bed bug bitten or am I gtg?

I didnt realize we had a Super 8 in town. Some reviews for you:

This was the nastiest motel I have ever stayed at in all of my life. There were huge bugs all over the floor and we were moved to 3 different rooms before one was actually half way decent. The toilet was standing completely up off the bathroom floor and the fridge didnā€™t work or the heat adjustment button on the unit in room 150.

3 Likes

yeah its probably gonna end up being the days inn instead. I have enough free points for like a $60 room and being a cheap ass this trip

4 Likes