Roll Call: North Carolina

My wife and I did a long weekend get-a-way to this place with our dog Jake about two months ago. It’s pretty great to be honest.

My wife and I stayed here in 2019. It’s not a mountain cabin, more of a carriage house on a farm property. The owners were great. It was 20 mins to DT Asheville, and has a back road connection right to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

1 Like

Anyone know of a good mechanic in the Mooresville area? Fiance is looking at buying a car from a dealer down there, wanted to find somewhere to get it looked at before purchase. Mooresville Ford wants to charge $125, she isn’t going to go for that. Last time I bought a car I had a Ford service center look at it for free, so maybe the norm has changed.

Backup plan right now is Grease Monkey, obviously we’re not expecting anything crazy, just check the basics, tires, brakes, oil, get it on a lift to look underneath, etc.

Looking for some recommendations near the Va. border between Charlotte and Roanoke to meet up with a buddy. We played Cross Creek, which was pretty decent. Whatcha got?

Olde Mill in Laurel Fork, VA

2 Likes

Hanging Rock in Salem, VA

Great Oaks in Floyd or Olde Mill in Laurel Fork

I enjoy Pilot Knob Park. It is on the cheaper side but a nice track.

Assuming your coming up 81…

Pete Dye River Course
Draper Valley

Shoot if he’s gonna come all that way I’ll take him out for free at Ashley

I know it’s not “in between” but I play that course with my dad when he comes down to visit me in Charlotte. Just good memories.

1 Like

I’d had a membership at Hanging rock the previous 2 seasons, but with covid this year, our work deal with them didn’t really work out. Hope to be back there next year again though. Everything breaks toward salem

Thanks, guis. I had an eye on Olde Mill and will keep the other course in mind. Yo, @country35 don’t be surprised when I stop by Ashley Plantation next time I’m riding up 81! --mistakenly tagged @chilidipper

3 Likes

I been trying to host some refugees for a while, would be an honor to have ya

1 Like

$35 for Wilson CC on GroupGolfer today – anyone played there or buying one of these?

3 Likes

I went to school at Virginia Tech, played plenty of golf at The River Course, Draper Valley, and Hanging rock, and once or twice at Olde Mill and Ashley plantation.

I love them all.

I also freely acknowledge that’s probably more a factor of nostalgia for the time period and the boys I always played with than anything.

1 Like

I may get a couple because we may go to a wedding up that way in the beginning of April. Need girlfriend to confirm though. Looks like a nice place.

I am originally from Wilson, it’s the big country club in town. Very good track, people very much enjoy it and for 35 bucks you can’t beat that. Make sure you get some BBQ from Marty’s or Parkers and you will be good to go! If beer is your thing, a new brewery just opened across from Whirligig Park about 7 minutes from the course called Casita. Also, @bluehose Go Hose!

4 Likes

I enjoyed Wilson CC last time they were on GG. Really fun layout, can’t beat it for $35. Plus we did Wilson CC then tailgated for steaks at BeefMastor Inn. Pretty money afternoon.

3 Likes

I know this is shameless, but anybody out here got an in at Carolina Golf Club? been wondering about that place for a while now