Roll Call: North Carolina

I played MacKay>Cameron two weeks ago but think I prefer Stewart>MacKay. All are good and I probably like MacKay the best.

2 Likes

I live in Matthews, frequently play Monroe/Stonebridge/Olde Sycamore. Shoot me a message next time you head out and hopefully we can meet up

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning on getting in 9 one night this week at Old Sycamore. Let me know?

1 Like

Iā€™m playing Stonebridge tomorrow with a buddy from the area. How is it?

I really like Stonebridge. Greens are usually in pretty good shape and so are the fairways for the most part. Not the longest or hardest course but will still punish you if you donā€™t hit the fairway.

Played Tot Hill the other day. Greens were predictably slow because they are bent, but still one of the better deals around I think. Was about $40 for 18 and such a unique, fun track.

1 Like

Was it in pretty good shape otherwise?

Yeah overall itā€™s in good shape. The greens are just slow. One of those courses where it feels like you would rather have a down-hiller than an up-hiller. But if you donā€™t mind slow greens that much, well worth it.

theres a 9 hole golf course in Dobson, NC up for saleā€¦$624,900

2 Likes

My dad is a member and Iā€™ve played East 5-6 times, West 10-11 times. Hit me up if want any adviceā€¦

Iā€™m heading down to Ocean Isle for fam vacation next week (my wifeā€™s side). I just came across a killer deal at the big cat courses: http://www.bigcatsgolf.com/online-specials/

Just need to have that conversation on aligning the 4 rounds of golf. To be honest Iā€™m probably doing them a favor getting out of their hair.

1 Like

The big cats are in terrible shape. You couldnā€™t pay me to play thereā€¦itā€™s went so far downhill the last few years. The locals say the ownership is putting no money into it.

Itā€™s really a shame. Iā€™ve been going down for 20 years and love Tigers Eye and Leopards Chase, however the conditions got worse and worse over the last 5 years, to the point the group didnā€™t even want to go for $120 total for 4 rounds.

1 Like

I agree. I played LC in June and conditions were bad. Itā€™s a very nice neighborhood and I have heard the homeowners are pissed. If you want to stay close to play Thistle, Riverā€™s Edge or Farmstead. IMO those are the nicer courses up that way.

1 Like

Thistle was fantastic two weeks ago

1 Like

Is anyone playing in the NC Mid-Am qualifier at The Preserve at Jordan Lake?

1 Like

@ATLtoRDU33 - to be clear yā€™all are crazy for playing there.

4 Likes

Anybody played Oak Valley or Meadowlands recently? Are they in good shape?

buddy of mine was out at oak valley last week, he said the following:

greens are good out there. course in good shape just some ball marks. rough was a little thick.

he has played it multiple times this year though and raved about it a month or so agoā€¦im guessing with the bent greens they are super soft which is the reason for all the ball marks

3 Likes

Dad played OV yesterday and said the greens were really slow. Everything else was fine.

1 Like