Roll Call: North Carolina

Yeah Mid pines is overpriced IMO during prime season. Had a blast playing it for $60 the day before thanksgiving last year with @Double_Bogey_Dave. That price might have spoiled me.

1 Like

Anyone looking to play in CLT this Friday?
Maybe skybrook or emerald lakes

1 Like

I used to play out there fairly regularly when I lived at Hedingham because I could play it for free. As others have said, it’s in the same category as Eagle Ridge and Hedingham. Decent enough but wouldn’t want to play there all the time. That being said, I do want to ride all over it with one of these scooters!

IMO, almost everything over $100 is overpriced. But…I do love Mid Pines. I’ve gotten really spoiled with the price of golf because my BIL works at Pinehurst so even #2 is under $200 for me. And the others are all under $60. And he can normally get someone to get us on other courses for cheap. He used to work at Tobacco Road too so we play out there a good bit.

4 Likes

Careful what you share around here. We thirsty…

9 Likes

Charlotte here playing at Rolling Hills in Monroe. A Tarheel alum!!!

1 Like

Could be down for this depending on how soggy things are looking

1 Like

I have a 10:45 at Hyland on Saturday if anyone wants to join me.

That’s my only worry about skybrook fairways get soggy real quick. Played in December and the back was shutdown due to flooding of cart paths

Scooters are worth it. So much fun.

1 Like

Welcome @Davy021. A bunch of Charlotte folks in here. There’s also a WhatsApp Charlotte group chat going that somebody more technically inclined than me can get you added if interested. Love Rolling Hills!!

1 Like

How is Hyland these days? I always pass it headed down RT 1, looks a little beat up from the road?

Nice job on the news tonight bro!

I told my girl, man I wonder if that’s the guy from the golf website, then they said your name haha.

Small world

if yall are looking for a cheap little get away, $49 to play olde Mill just above the state line was a killer value

4 Likes

Charlotte here by way of Maryland. Play a ton at Carolina Lakes just over the border, but really just cant pass up a good GolfNow deal.

4 Likes

If you are interested in meeting some locals, you should consider joining the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers (RACDG), we have a number of guis in the NC/SC chapter.

Put your info on line 259 and I’ll send you an invite to the WhatsApp thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12bhpZrbbY2nx5fw1aqvveoXbMJxV2Escnpmk8xzpuA0/edit?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

I added my info to the RACDG as well and finally downloaded the WhatsApp. Can you send me the invite as well? Thanks

I was added to the What’s App yesterday, where should I add myself to the spreadsheet?

1 Like

Add it to line 261

And welcome to the RACDG!