Roll Call: North Carolina

Not that most of our government leaders can find their ass from a hole in the ground, but if every other golf course I’ve played since all this started can at least pretend to care about the guidelines – which were set by the government – what should give Tot Hill a pass for not? It’s not that hard.

2 Likes

Look, I’ve played plenty of golf in the last few weeks to see what the golf courses have been doing. My question is, what are golf courses doing that we can’t just do ourselves?

If you really believe that every golfer out there is or would be self-policing and taking things seriously enough to social distance, not touch flagticks, etc without some rules and oversight in place then, well, that’s just willfully ignorant.

People will barely wear masks to the grocery store even when required to do so. Those same people are sure as shit not about to take things more seriously out on the course.

4 Likes

I can see this both ways. I played a course recently that took zero precautions regarding the virus. They had nothing in the cups, players were removing the pin, they had coolers for drinking water out, ball washers still on tees, and rakes in the bunkers. I did not touch any of the aforementioned but I saw groups around me that were. I took it upon myself to be cautious while others were not. So, yes some will exercise caution but clearly not everyone will. It definitely felt weird seeing all of that still available. We have quickly adjusted to the new norm. I think the course should do more in adjusting to the times but if they don’t then I am capable of avoiding highly touched surfaces.

1 Like

Playing without random people may not be an option if these courses are not following other rules.

Sure you can be careful. The course can also follow the guidelines. Neither are hard so neither should get a pass.

1 Like

I’m not saying every golfer will follow all the precautions. I don’t care if all golfers do or not. My point is, I can.
If 200 golfers touch a flagstick, but I don’t, how does that affect me?
I’m a fan of personal accountability. You take care of yourself, and then you don’t need to nanny everyone else.

I had the Tot Hill experience yesterday. In regards to Covid-rules, I wouldn’t say they were completely absent of precautions (slide your own card in “clubhouse”, water coolers removed we we played) but I get the prior points made.

As for the course and play - had a hell of time. Quite the roller coaster (literally) and I want to play it again. I’m hoping this was a fair prep for TR in a couple of weeks. If anything, it will help with my mindset.

1 Like

I feel like Tobacco Road is much easier than Tot Hill. Greens at Tobacco Road are bigger/more difficult but tee-green much easier in my opinion. So much room on most holes as there is so much land there. That being said, if bunkers aren’t your thing could be a long day even if you’re slightly off with your irons. For me, I’d much rather take bunkers over OB/water around the green.

1 Like

My buddy just sent me this. Riverwood in Clayton got some Finn Scooters

6 Likes

Who shit in Adam Muller’s cereal?

6 Likes

I am sure someone will do something dumb, but as usual, people have got to air out their grievances on facebook.

3 Likes

I just want them to record the dumb stuff, and share it.

3 Likes

I might have to break out my go pro that I have used all of 3 times since I bought it 5 years ago.

4 Likes

$20 I’d do it vs a normal cart fee

3 Likes

Anyone ever played at this place? Looks to be out in the river ridge, pine hollow, neuse vicinity.

Haven’t, heard it’s decent. Believe it’s owned by Fred Smith Company which also runs Hedingham, Eagle Ridge and Olde Liberty.

1 Like

My company has their tournament out there every year. I’ve played it 4 or 5 times now. Always in pretty good shape when we play but thats normally in September. Some pretty dumb holes. It wouldn’t be my normal course but its OK for a round every now and then

1 Like

Sounds a lot like eagle ridge then. Works in a pinch, conditions and good enough, but some dumb holes. Might try it just for the scooters.

2 Likes

Haha GoPro - all time wasted purchase for myself also

Yep. Very similar to Eagle Ridge. I’d probably rather play Riverwood over Eagle Ridge though. And Mid Pines has the scooters too. More expensive for sure but also a much better course

1 Like