Roll Call: North Carolina

Welcome! Join us on the chats and let’s get out and play some golf!

1 Like

Just booked my stay at Pinehurst for October! Super juiced. I am staying M-W and driving to Beaufort for a wedding Friday. I got a couple of days before and after the wedding. What should I squeeze in? Tobacco Road? Mid Pines, Southern Pines?

1 Like

Mid Pines, Southern Pines, TR, Pine Needles, #3 are your best bets if you are not at the Resort.

3 Likes

I am staying at the Resort and playing 2,4,7,8 and the Cradle.

5 Likes

I’d give the same advice then, other than suggesting adding 3 to your itinerary (maybe in place of 7).

3 Likes

6 open spots left

1 Like

Hey guys,

I will be in Raleigh July 6-10. I’m planning on playing tobacco road.

Any course recommendations?

Anyone wants to get out for a round?

4 Likes

Hey All, Newbie poster to the community but a big fan of the NLU content. Live in Wilmington, NC and looking to play more golf.

4 Likes

what are you doing Saturday? we have a large crew playing muni for an event called the Big wRight Miss

4 Likes

Very ready to get back out there but not available that week. Strantz throws a lot of stuff at you visually but just know that a lot of it has no impact on how you should play the hole. The greens are crazy but typically always an avenue to get the ball close to the hole just got be creative. Hit fairways if at all possible and all will be well. Just enjoy it because it’s a beauty! It is a very confusing course at times to navigate the first time around so if you can nab a local that has experience there you will be much better off. Enjoy

3 Likes

Can’t wait! should be a great afternoon.

I’d like to play a few more rounds. Are there any other courses I should check out?

Would love to get out there for a round if you are free that weekend

1 Like

Is it your first trip to the general area? If so there are many good ones to choose from in the area:
Pinehurst (2,3 & 4 are awesome…Haven’t played the others outside of #5 in a scramble and don’t remember anything)
MP/PN/SP trio - Any of them or all
Quail Ridge, Hyland, Foxfire and Sanford Muni are good, budget friendly options.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll be staying in Raleigh but I’ll have a rental car.

Thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Ahhh…Staying in Raleigh changes things lol…Lonnie Pool, Pine Hollow, River Ridge, Riverwood, Reedy Creek, The Neuse are all solid options IMO if you want to stay closer to Raleigh.

2 Likes

Add Hillandale, Umstead and Occoneechee to that list. Also worth a call to Benvenue to see if they will let you on.

4 Likes

Come join us tomorrow at the Muni, or at least stop by around 2 to greet us as we finish.

1 Like

Thanks Dave! Poor planning on my part. I hate I’m going to miss out on the fun tomorrow but have booked in a tee time at castle bay with the bro-in-law tomorrow. Looking forward to linking up with the group soon!

2 Likes

Hey guys, longtime NLU guy who’s new to The Refuge and soon to be new to the Charlotte area. Moving down there for work within the next couple of months and looking forward to teeing it up with some fellow golf sickos! Any and all recommendations on literally everything Charlotte and North Carolina as a whole (never been except for a quick jaunt through Southern Pines) are welcome!

5 Likes

@Hitchings21 can get you set up with the Charlotte Roost the @QueenCityHive for local competition, I think there is also a Charlotte area WhatsApp

We do have a general Carolinas WhatsApp here

1 Like

Anyone in the Raleigh area want to play Friday morning?