Roll Call: North Carolina

Had a bad experience last time there. I met my brother and we both had our daughters to ride alone. They wanted to charge us 4 cart fees. I said I would walk instead and they charged me $2 less than the fee with cart.
Not to mention the front nine is tight:image

Yeah front is definitely tight and the greens are super small, but some of the holes are pretty cool and some aren’t.

The greens were in really good shape though. We went out early and they had just been cut and were rolling great.

Pretty easy to tell that there is an old nine and a new nine. I do like the back, especially like the par 3 11th

Yeah the back is a lot different. The green on 10 i swear was as big as like 3 on the front combined. It was a welcomed sign. #11 is good man, got to be a shit load of balls in that pond, its a pretty good carry.

I liked 17 and 18 as a finishing.

Sweeping dew on #1

Dialed

3 Likes

Is anyone on here a member at Sapona. I currently live in Lexington and was looking a possible getting a membership. I am wondering if it’s worth it and what all it includes?? Thanks.

Most of you have probably seen this already but I am going to bump this Ryder Cup style event I’m planning for Greensboro in February:

2 Likes

if i lived in lexington, id probably be a member there…i love the course and the neighborhood/club have a good vibe to it

i have no clue if its worth it and what you get though, sorry

1 Like

When and how do we sign up for this??

1 Like

The event is on February 20th and 21st (wish it could be sooner but daylight issues) and you can sign up here:

1 Like

is that profile pic one i took at the swig & swing?

It is indeed, we need someone taking pictures at every refugee event cause they are fun to look back at.

1 Like

damn sure do…would be a nice touch for sure

wish i could have gotten more of everyone at the S&S

3 Likes

Greenville folks

2 Likes

Random request: Do we have any lawyers based here in North Carolina? Could use some advice on a speeding ticket

2 Likes

Hello to my fellow NC Refugees. I spend a lot of time volunteering with the First Tee here in Raleigh and also am on a young professional board. I wanted to share the info of a virtual event we have going on tomorrow in case you had any interest, but also because there is an auction with some pretty sweet (golf related) items in there in case you felt like getting involved. The below is the template email to share, but more importantly includes the links.

As you may know, I serve on the Young Professionals Leadership Committee for First Tee - Triangle. We teach character education to kids through the game of golf. We have turned our 2020 A Night FORE Champions Gala into a Virtual Event this Wednesday, October 21st at 7PM. We have an entertaining one hour program planned that will include cameos from local professional golfers Webb Simpson, Chesson Hadley, Katherine Perry and Carl Pettersson, overview videos of our golf programs in action, a live auction and a keynote speech from Jay Bilas!

To Watch the Program Please Click Here

To Bid on Our Auction Items and Donate to our Call to Action Please Click Here.

I hope you are able to join me during this event! With golf being one of the only sports our local kids can safely play during these new normal times, your support to First Tee - Triangle means more now than ever before. Together, we can Build Game Changers right here in the Triangle!

5 Likes

When do the auction items end?

Great question. I believe some of the more “premium” items they plan to try and do as a live auction on the call to simulate the gala from years past. That would be things like the: Diamond Creek, Oregon trip, Eagle Point, Santorini, Kiawah, Gil Hanse Bulldozer, etc.

All the other items will close one hour after the event. So that means 9pm-ish eastern.

1 Like

Generic advice isnt much help as most jurisdictions have different policies. Usually what really matters is the original speed. Always try for improper equipment if available. If you tell me what county I may be able to refer you to a local atty that can help you.

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s a good deal, that’s the student rate so basically as low as they’ll go.

1 Like