Roll Call: New Orleans

Hi All- just relocated to New Orleans from Baton Rouge. Would love to find a regular group to jump in with. on the weekends or some weekday evenings. Let me know if any groups need an extra body. Thanks!

5 Likes

Top 5 bars please.

What area? Are you looking for places outside of downtown/the Quarter?

1 Like

Snake and Jakesā€¦the rest donā€™t matter.

2 Likes

Anyone going to the Zurich on Saturday? First time going if anyone has any spots/tips for the best viewing experience.

I usually hit a different spot every year. 18 fairway is a good spot during the week, but can get hectic on the weekend. I will be out there on Saturday during the day. Bring a bunch of 1s and come hop in on the gambling action.

1 Like

The area behind the green of 13 is a good spot. You can watch the approach shots or guys trying to drive the green, and then also easily turn around and watch the par 3 17th. The area behind 6 green is good as well, you can see approach shots coming in and then watch them tee off on 7.

Iā€™ll be out there this afternoon and Sunday if anyone wants to shotgun a beer together. (OR NOT!)

2 Likes

Cure or Bouligny Tavern if you want good quality cocktails
Wrong Iron, Bayou Beer Garden, or Tchoup Yard for great outside hangs
Bacchanal for nice relaxing night outdoors with live music

1 Like

:musical_note::musical_note:never going back to snake & Jakeā€™s with the amount of money Iā€™ve spent couldā€™ve bought the placeā€‹:musical_note::musical_note:

The bulldog is a great spot for outdoor day drinking and sports viewing. Tons of cool breweries/craft beers spots in West Riverside along Tchoupitoulas: Urban South, Port Orleans, Tchoup Yard if thatā€™s more your vibe.

1 Like

Have noted all those. Lots of potential bars in this town.

French 75 Bar at Arnauds

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in a round on Friday afternoon? Thinking Bartholomew

1 Like

I never miss that one.

1 Like

Bar Tonique is also a staple

1 Like

I may be able to. Iā€™ll let you know tonight.

The John :joy:

Debating playing next weekend myself. Went to Tidelands last weekend and broke 100ā€¦and 20. 116. Driver was as terrible as a Nic Cage movie. Putting was ok. Wish I could play this weekend but on call with work. And I just wanna work on my driver swing. Ive got a serious out to in swing and I think I may know how to fix it. Just need a place to hit balls

Coming down to New Orleans this week to visit my dad and celebrate his birthday at jazzfestā€¦ Gonna squeeze some golf in amongst all of it.

Iā€™ve played tpc, and itā€™s a bit out of my price range at the moment. I played English Turn and I would go back provided that the greens are in better shape than they were a year ago.

But I figured I would keep a budget finally this time around and check out Audubon Park and maybe Bayou Oaks. When I looked up Bayou Oaks the public rate on the south course for non Louisiana residents was almost $150! Seems a bit exorbitant, is it worth it?

Any other solid recommendations for good public golf in New Orleans?

I donā€™t think the south course is worth $150 at any point, although thatā€™s just my opinion. Audubon is my favorite course in the city by a wide margin so I would prioritize checking it out!

1 Like

Definitely going to Audubon! Just trying to see what other options might hold some potential. Howā€™s English Turn looking these days?