Roll Call: New Mexico

It was a little cold but super firm and fast out there. Fairways were like concrete, hit the speed slot on 18 and had like 65 yds in. Dead pulled a wedge to like 25 feet (not good) and then blew my first putt like 8ft past (the 18th green was randomly watered so I was rattled. ). Was able squeak the par putt in to finish the day.

1 Like

Sick, I did the same and had 90 (blame the persimmon 4 wood!) but was sort of stuck behind a tree on the right. Ended up chipping a 9i onto the green and also two putted. That’s a really really good closing hole.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m trying to think of a bad hole at ADO. 2 and 13 are maybe the “worst” holes out there, but the other 16 are great IMO.

1 Like

My only real nitpick about ADO is that the par 3s are all within about 10 yards of one another. I thought this was unique to the tips but I played the whites Friday and it was even worse, three 6 irons and one choked up 5. The holes themselves are pretty good though.

I know weekends are tough for most people, and it’s gonna be cold, but would anyone be interested in a Saturday afternoon round at UNM champ this weekend?

Edit: I booked a tee time for 12:36 on Saturday. I’ve got one open spot

Edit 2: I think I’m gonna shift this to Sunday (~11:30). Looks like it might be a little warmer and it’ll give a little time for the snow on the ground to melt

1 Like

I think I can swing that!

1 Like

Sweet you’re in. I booked the 11:36. It looks like the other two slots are open at that time still @RolandOfGilead @hannajb8

Maybe. Just finishing a marathon 6 rounds in 4 days in Scottsdale and driving back tonight…. If I’m not completely exhausted I’d be up for it.

1 Like

Where’d you play?

Boulders South, Grayhawk Raptor and Talon, Sunridge Canyon, Troon North Pinnacle, and Quintero.

I’m out today, @BrysonsLats, exhausted after no sleep due to the puppies at home…

2 Likes

What did you think of Sunridge canyon and it’s Wicked 6?

1 Like

Loved it!! Honestly I felt that Sunridge was right up there. Little less penal than some of the others, still great conditioning.

I was 3 over on the W6 as a 12.3 and my buddy who is a 4.7 was 7 over :flushed:

1 Like

Haha damn, good for you!. I got my teeth kicked in during that whole back 9

1 Like

I think I shot 50/43, and mostly that was losing 4 balls on first 5 holes.

Yeah, I also didn’t mention the front 9 beat us up… just make overall exhausting round but a nice course. I had some awful bounces right into the desert in the first few holes

I feel that. Hit a perfect 5h on first, exactly on the line starter said, and we never found it. Just ridiculous. But for the money, it was an awesome course.

Nice! Yeah, we’re going back Down in 2 weeks and we left SRC out of our itinerary this time.

1 Like

Good luck out there! Hoping to play one of the munis in the middle of this week.

Hey everyone, I’ve got one spot available at Black Mesa on Feb 18th at 11:30

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/golfs-long-drive/62040/110?u=brysonslats

Anyone want to get a quota round in this weekend? I’m open to playing anywhere Saturday or Sunday