Roll Call: New Hampshire

Not a NH resident. In Chicago at the moment, but moving to Bangor, ME in August. But my wife’s family has an old farm house in Freedom, NH, and we get there a few times a year. Anyways, last summer I played Province Lake Golf Course, just across the border in ME, and while everything but the greens were in pretty rough shape, I thought the layout was fantastic. If any of y’all have recommendations for courses in that part of the state, would love to hear. Will be there for a week in late August.

Hey thanks everyone. We are going with Butter Brook, looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Hey all, I am going to post this in a few New England roll calls but The Golfers Journal event at Hooper GC this September has sold out (in less than 3 hours).
But if you didn’t get a chance to sign up you can reach out to TGJ (via the link below) and jump on the waiting list.

2 Likes

I’ll be there — really looking forward to seeing Hooper for the first time.

1 Like

Awesome! DM if need any housing/food suggestions.
Its gonna be a blast.

1 Like

Head on down to Hartford for an NIT Qualifer

1 Like

Will be in NH on vacation and will be playing Ridgewood Country Club in Moultonborough on Tuesday August 10th with my buddy. Would love for some refugees to join us. Anyone in the area want to join? Cant make the tee time till 5 days out but will be making one for around 8 am.

2 Likes

Howdy all, so there a couple of slot still available for the Boston Golf & Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper this Saturday. It is going to be quite the show.

Anybody know of any indoor simulator facilities in the Hanover/Lebanon area? Up that way for the holidays and hoping to find a place to get “out” with family.

Damn nobody has posted anything here for over a year?

Question - does anyone know of any courses that are open in the Concord/Manchester region by middle of next week?

I of course, do not. But get some chatter going in here guys.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of any. Im just south of manchester and there’s still a decent amount of snow on the ground in spots. Probably still 2-3 weeks out is my guess. First course that will open though is normally amherst cc.

3 Likes

RIP Green Meadow, not that I particularly enjoyed the place, but that is a lot of tee times for the rest of the area to absorb.

That place stunk….but that’s soooo many rounds for other places to absorb. Not good.

I heard today Candia Woods is opening on Friday? Maybe openings around manch are sooner than I had thought.

2 Likes

My home course for the summers when I would visit!

What!?!?

They finally sold. It’s been pending for years. Cashed out for $120m. Going to be a Target warehouse/distro center.

$120M!?!?!? Holy smokes. That place held the state stroke play for my entire adolescence and in college. The perfect generic turnstyle of a course to run that event in a state GA like NH.