Roll Call: New Hampshire / Vermont

Hey everyone, new Nest member here in VT, technically Stowe, so it looks like I have the yips isn’t the only Green Mountain Stater anymore! I’m 100% in on doing whatever I can to help set up some fun tournaments! Love getting something set up at Hooper, Mount Washington is awesome and keep in mind that Southern Maine is pretty central thanks to I-89. I got in 2 rounds at Cape Arundel thanks to highway convenience last year!

3 Likes

Hell yeah, welcome, man. Open invite to VT National if you ever want to pop up 89 for a weekend round.

Hell yeah man, I’m sure I’ll take you up on the offer! Same is true down here! Lots of rounds at Stowe CC, play Ryder Brook and Blush Hill a ton too. If you’ve ever got a Tuesday off we can get up to the Mountain Course too!

Are they open to the public on Tuesdays? I’ll have to take a day off at some point! We’ll certainly have to get together a few times this summer.

Stowe is such a great spot. Visited over Labor Day with my girlfriend and we loved it. The Alchemist and Stowe Cider were hits.

They are NOT open to the public on Tuesdays, that’s why we get to play on Tuesdays lol. It’s definitely a fun course!

We love it up here! My girlfriend and I both work in restaurants and we have such an awesome little town! Tons of great spots, but the Stowe Cider space is wicked fun! We actually made it out to Kennebunkport last year and thought it had wicked similar vibes. Plus I got to play Arundel on its opening day! If you ever get back up this way hit me up for some restaurant recommendations, round of golf, day on the slopes, whatever!

1 Like

Where do you two work? I’ll have to make a trip over at some point.

I’m the GM/Sommelier at Michael’s on the Hill. If you’re ever down this way I’d love to have you in!

Hi all! Long time lurker and listener, but figured worth jumping in. I live in Burlington, currently work at UVM, and would love when the snow melts to get involved as usually I try to sneak on courses in Middlebury, St Albans, Stowe, and over in Plattsburgh etc as a solo, so would be great to meet up with more NLUers! Would also love incentives to go to other places throughout the state!

1 Like

Hell yeah man, I’m right here in Stowe, let me know anytime you’re down this way! I’m a member at Stowe and Ryder Brook and play Blush Hill a ton too. I do a good amount of traveling in the area too. Let’s definitely get together this spring!

Sounds great! I havent been to Stowe CC since pre-Covid when we moved up here so would love to get back some day! Here’s hoping for a not too long mud season

Down for meet ups as well. In Grantham, NH at Eastman Golf Links. Montcalm is another good private-public track in the area as well. HMU!

1 Like

Hey all, Masshole here. Heading up to Stowe for a lowkey-ish bachelor party and in need for some recommendations from any locals or frequent visitors in here. Not all in the party are skiers, so looking for some off peak activities (indoor golf simulator, shooting range, ect.) and 2 restaurants for dinners Friday and Saturday night? Any guidance would be super helpful.

Hey, I’m in the south end. We’ll have to get together at some point this summer, I can’t wait for the courses to open, the squall this morning is mentally setting the season back a month. Hopefully we will get on the course in April.

I would recommend staying on site as much as possible if you’re in and around the mountain. With it probably being the last-ish weekend of the season next weekend, I imagine traffic is going to be truly nightmarish. As for activities, almost everything in the area is catered to skiing in the winter, skating might be fun and checking out the town could be cool too. One good thing is that Stowe is so touristy that if you look at reviews, you pretty much can’t go wrong with food. The restaurants all know who they cater to and it’s not like we have any major delicacies up here. Probably make sure you do The Skinny Pancake at least once for breakfast and you’ll have a good local flavor.

Absolutely! I fear May 1 start date this year but hope I am wrong!

On Stowe, I’d recommend going to Doc Ponds one night and maybe Pro Pig in Waterbury for a Bachelor Party. The wine shop Dedalus is also awesome and staff there can get you set up well. If on the mountain, the Whistle Pig Pavilion is great spot when not skiing.

Hey everyone! Reaching out in search of some golf course recommendations. My fiancée and I have chosen to base out of Portsmouth, NH for our honeymoon July 4-9 and she has graciously allowed me to bring my clubs for one round. Currently I have been thinking about crossing the border into Maine for a round at Cape Arrundale, but am looking for suggestions on potential courses within an hour two of Portsmouth that we could make a day trip out of. Thanks for any recommendations at all!

2 Likes

Feel free to take a look at this and ask any questions.

Portsmouth CC is fun and Arundel is excellent. Montcalm would be a bit of a trip, but not much to do up there. Depending on your connections there are some other privates, but Belgrade Lakes may be a good option for a trip.

2 Likes

When I was at UNH for grad school, I played at Breakfast Hill GC in Greenland and The Oaks in Somersworth a bunch and liked them both.

Cape Arundel is an absolute gem but be aware the public rate is expensive. For other Southern Maine courses I recommend The Ledges in York, Biddeford-Saco, Old Marsh in Wells (I’m a member and could get you a discounted rate), and Nonesuch River in Scarborough.

3 Likes

I love Breakfast Hill in Rye…if you have any private club connections you could try to use them for wentworth by the sea (probably impossible with those dates), and if you cross over into maine i find the links at outlook as a bit more fun than the ledges…front 9 is wide open and back 9 is more dramatic mountain style with some dramatic drops.

Non-golf: definitely walk or bike all around new castle. Small island town right next to portsmouth. My favorite place in new england.

2 Likes