Roll Call: New Hampshire / Vermont

Hey thanks for the reach out. I am definitely interested but it depends on the date. The big Boston Golf and Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper GC is the weekend of August 7th, but the other weekends look open as of now.
Keep us posted.

Fellow Twin Staters, a FYI: The Golfers Journal event at Hooper GC this September has sold out (in less than 3 hours).
But if you didnā€™t get a chance to sign up you can reach out to TGJ (via the link below) and jump on the waiting list.

Hi everyone! I live in WRJ, Vermont and play at Montague in Randolph, Vt. I did get into the Hooper Golf event with TGJā€¦signed up a foursome from Montague to play. Canā€™t wait for that event, never even been down to play Hooper and it sound like a lot of fun.

Iā€™m gearing up to play the VT Mid Am in a few weeks down at Brattleboro CC. Havenā€™t played there in about 10 years but always loved it. Reminds me of Neshobe, which is amongst the most fun courses in Vermont I think. Any other VT Mid Am participants here?

2 Likes

Hello all! As part of a summer-long exile, @Renlibrarian and I are headed to Rochester, NH, around the 15th of August. The date is not 100% firm, as we have the NLU event in CT on the 13th, but I wanted to at least reach out and see if there is anyone who might be interested in potentially playing while we are there!

Also, if anyone has an in at the Abenaki Abenaqui club around Portsmouth, it would be incredibly meaningful for my husband if he could get a chance to play. It was the course his grandfather played a lot.

Cheers!

1 Like

With Abenaqui you may have some luck just emailing to ask. Obviously will take some good writing skills :joy:. Depending on where you normally play, a pro could also call.

Figures Iā€™d misspell it after I decided to not look up the place online. Doh. But thanks!

1 Like

Twin Staters! There are a few spots left for the Boston Golf & Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper this Saturday. DM is have any questions its gonna be epic.

Iā€™m in Stowe for the week, any recommendations for public courses around here? Will be playing with a couple other non-golfers, so mainly looking for somewhere with good views and not too stuck up if we move slow. Thanks in advance!

West Bolton is close by and not very stuffy, some weird holes out there but you donā€™t golf in Vermont for the course architecture.

Got out to Ralph Mhyre this weekend for a perfect last round of the season. It really might be the best public track within an hour or Burlington.

4 Likes

Okay. So. I donā€™t think the twin states combined have enough people for a Roost (I still think Iā€™m the only Vermonter). But if we combined with Maine to make a Northern New England (anything but Boston) chapter, we might just squeak over the 20 threshold. The flagship eventā€¦ The Gold Standard at The Mount Washington Hotel. Did I write all that out just to make up a punny tournament name? Yes. Does that mean itā€™s a bad idea? Probably. What does everyone else think?

5 Likes

Iā€™m an interloper with NE roots. but I love it.

1 Like

Count Maine in!

1 Like

I like it, count me in!

I havenā€™t been on here in awhile but have been following. I am in! Also, Green Mountain National in Vermont is an awesome golf course. Highly recommend for anything like this! About an hour from burlington. Usually voted best public course in VT every year.

1 Like

Iā€™m in as well.

1 Like

And Hooper would love to be an option for hosting as well (right on the border w/ VT - and about 1:50 minutes from the NH/ME border).

Iā€™m right on the NH/MA border - and would definitely join for events up in northern NE - I love playing golf up that way.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Bangor, ME, a long way from most everywhere else in New England, but Iā€™m in.

I think the biggest thing for us is going to be doing 2 or 3 big events per year. We canā€™t do a monthly event series because the logistics are going to be a nightmare, some of us will have to plan vacations around events :rofl: