Roll Call Montana

Stuck my name down even though I’m only a part time in Upstate Idaho.

Home from 22nd July to the 23rd September this year. Wife and kid with me for the first 3 weeks then a free agent. So anything organised after mid August I am 100% there.

Doing the TGJ event at Gamble Sands on 3-5th Sept and the OP2 later in the month.

Happy to host in CDA too. Can do a BBQ, swimming, wakeboarding party at my house. Can highly recommend it for good value golf. Circling Raven is the nuts for sub $100.

4 Likes

We’re all looking forward to the lake yacht BBQ this summer, Your Grace. I think the strategy this year is to play the field and see how the other clubs shake out. Hopefully we’ll see the micro-Roost strategy play out and we can roll in to 2023 strong. In the meantime, let’s make it a personal project to #getinvolved and tell a friend. Maybe mid-summer we could organize something halfway central to the group? Looks like most of us are East-Idaho / North Utah / West Montana. Maybe something at Old Works in Anaconda? Open to suggestions!

5 Likes

I’ll bring some beer

I’ll bring rum

Hello Montana Friends.

Looking for some help here. My brother is getting married in Big Sky July 30. The group is looking for a golf outing for the guys on Friday the 29th. Catch is…the females want to do a spa day in the same area. Are there any places that have golf with spa on property? Would probably just do dinner there after we are all finished.

Any recommendations and help is greatly appreciated!

You could just play the public course there in Big Sky for the easiest option. It’s probably overpriced but I like it. Or you have to drive an hour each way to Bozeman.

Sorry, didn’t see the spa on property thing. None of the courses outside of the exclusive privates there are going to have a spa on premises.

1 Like

Thanks. I assumed that would be the case. But none of us have really even been to Montana so I literally know nothing about the area.

Anyone here looking to get out and play the next week or so in Whitefish, Kalispell or Columbia Falls? I’ve played a few rounds this year at Northern Pines and Whitefish Lake - I do love those 915pm sunsets. I’m always in for a week day 9 if anyone is interested.

Delaney

1 Like

@Peak_Golf and @Jersh are both in the area. I might be up there one night the week of the 20th too.

I’m always down for a game, I can be anywhere in the area on short notice. If you guys want to work something out let me know, just not a Wednesday, I sometimes fill in on mens league on Wednesday nights.

@lazyjk @delaney @Jersh

Perfect - I think I can make June 12, 13 or 14. Let’s try to find a time.

Yup count me in.
Haven’t had a chance to swing the sticks at all since spring hit yet due to coaching and this rainy weather. Hopefully this wet weather quits soon, looking decent into the weekend and next week.

Let’s try to schedule something for the 12th. Anyone have any preference for what course to play?

At least maybe the rain will dial down the forest fires this summer…

1 Like

Or it will make the grass thigh-high, so when it’s 100 degrees in August, it will all burn like the surface of the sun.

3 Likes

Hey all, so I met with @delaney and @Jersh a week or so ago and had a great round together. So I’d like to put the call out for a Montana meet up at Old Works in Anaconda. If we have at least 12 we can get group pricing. Let’s try to get something going for this summer. Reply to this post if you’re interested and let’s see if we can make something happen. Let’s go launch em!

2 Likes

I’d make the trip up from Idaho!

2 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

I ended up coining it the Hustle 'cross the Hi-Line but FYI I did end up mostly successfully executing this marathon day today

1 Like