Roll Call Montana

Checking in from Helena, MT but originally from Billings. Favorite courses in the state are Whitefish North Course, Canyon River, Yellowstone CC (Home Course) and Bill Roberts. Great so see some other Montana people in the refuge!

2 Likes

Missoula checking in. Where should I join in town?

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any of us in the Missoula area on here so Iā€™m not sure what the recs are. Out of the courses in the area Iā€™ve only played Canyon River and Linda Vista.

1 Like

Ranch Club. Fun Track, Great Membership, Great Staff. Highly Recommend. If you are partial to walking the Country Club is probably more your speed, not too familiar with their membership but definitely a more stuffy vibe. As for Public Tracks Canyon river is the Best course but the patrons out there arenā€™t my favorite, Larchmont is the other public spot in town and is a sneaky fun/ challenging course.

The Ranch seems like the best fit. Already sent in my membership request. Canyon and Larchmont seem like good places to get a punch card. The CC seems like a lot of work

1 Like

You nailed it there. Youā€™ll love the Ranch, Flikk and the rest of the golf staff are awesome and make it a really fun / relaxed place to hangout and play some G.

1 Like

Moving from Maryland to Havre at the end of April. Super excited but limited golf season is hurting my heart.

3 Likes

Welcome to MT! I played Beaver Creek up there for High School golf a few times. My only lasting memory of the course is hitting two consecutive tee shots OB on one of the holes en route to a 10.

Iā€™m very excited to play Beaver Creek and it sounds like the newer course Prairie Farm is building a second 9 which is pretty exciting haha

1 Like

Welcome to Mt John! If you ever make it over to Kalispell, hit me up and we can play a round.

Hey lazyjk, if you ever get to Kalispell (or if you live in the area) and youā€™re looking for a game hit me up.

For sure! Iā€™m outta Bozeman but occasionally get up your way!

Guis

Gonna be home in Idaho from 8th May til mid June. Gotta do a weeks quarantine when I get there but otherwise free to meet up in ID or Montana.

I was attacked by like 5 beeā€™s during a Jr Golf Tournament at Beaver Creek. My arm swelled up like a balloon. That is all I can remember about the place. Well, and the tournament was part of the Taco Johns Tour. Free Tacoā€™s yaā€™ll!

2 Likes

Update: State Dept wonā€™t let me in, so not gonna be home til probably Christmas now. Sigh. :disappointed:

Yo! Just read through here and saw youā€™re in Kalispell. Iā€™m heading into town for work tomorrow and Wednesday and am thinking of bringing the clubs. Is Northern Pines as good as the website makes it seem? Debating playing tomorrow after I land at noon

Hey, thatā€™s the one course here that I havenā€™t played yet. Iā€™ve heard good things, but canā€™t vouch for it myself. Iā€™m planning to play it soon, just havenā€™t gotten to it yet.

Looks great on the site. Apparently itā€™s tee sheet only and no online so I guess Iā€™ll just show up :joy:

We played Northern Pines last summer before heading up to Wilderness Club.

Itā€™s pretty solid with good conditioning but certainly wonā€™t be in your top 25. Definitely worth a play however.

Is there another one worth considering in the area?