Roll Call - MN contingent?

Their “practice facilities” are a huge strike. Driving range can’t handle more than a long iron and there’s very little short game area to practice on. Course itself is decent, if a little tight at times. I could see doing a membership there but it’s definitely not worth the assessment coming down the pipe IMO

Agree on the hardest course I’ve played in mn as well, and I played really well there. Greens are so much fun.

1 Like

Each time i four putted i just had to laugh.

1 Like

I remember on 1, I saw where I was on the green and said, “I’d legitimately be happy with a 3 putt here”. Not many places I’ve said that.

1 Like

and 2, and 3, and 4…

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it and differing opinions is the beauty of this game! If I lived 10 minutes away I would consider joining there but it was under 30 minutes from my house and 10 minutes from my office that I don’t go to right now. Also, while it might be considered good value in the metro any private course starts making the Stoneridge and Troy Burne memberships look way cheaper!

I played in April and I think it’s a course that is way uglier with buildings and louder with road noise on a few holes until the leaves grow in. So probably not a huge issue from May until October.

Not sure if you walked or rode but it felt like every tee box was walking backwards from the prior green. A lot of members even tee off on the next par 4 after hitting their tee shot on signature par 3 on the back 9 because they don’t want to walk backwards after.

I bet you’re absolutely right with the views/road noise being better as trees and bushes fill in.

I did walk and know what you’re talking about…definitely a few holes where you have to double back but didn’t give me any pause (personally). When that happens in Scotland it’s called “quirk” or “charm”! :slight_smile:

And honestly, no membership at a metro private club makes financial sense when you compare it against Stoneridge. It’s insane how good that deal is when you consider the course and facilities.

2 Likes

Its never good when the newspaper is reporting your clubs attempts to buy a different golf course because of the amount of required maintenance.

If Southview bought Prestwick and made some moves this would be interesting i think.

1 Like

Bumping this one more time. 9:45 at Gross tomorrow, anyone? Great company and also me.

haha I just came here to bump my 7:40am at Keller tomorrow. 2 spots

@DuckDuckGreyDuckHook @libraryTryhard whispers take a hint…

1 Like

I’ve been looking at this all week, just need everything to work out tomorrow. Can I let you and @QGorski know tonight? Still unsure.

Definitely!

Fall golf in MN does not suck. Lovely walk this afternoon with @mplsgolfer at Rush Creek. Definitely #csuite vibes.

10 Likes

The sun setting at Rush Creek a few weeks ago was one of my favorite golf moments I’ve experienced this year. Looks like a perfect night!

2 Likes

Looks Awesome.

I have two major complaints about fall golf though; Sunsets earlier/rises later, hard time finding your ball in the leaves (i don’t hit fairways)

4 Likes

I’ll add a 3rd…recovering greens after being punched, but the cheaper rates make up for it! I love it when the weather is great in late October. The leaves have all fallen and been mulched.

2 Likes

Always the time of year I regret going to yellow golf balls.

2 Likes

Maybe this is how the USGA can make the rough actually matter: leaves everywhere and player must find their own ball.