Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

there’s like 10k of equity.

1 Like

Got it. Cash consequence will not weigh on your decision.

yeah, not a cash thing for sure.

2 Likes

What does it take to join Minikahda?

I think its 75k now. Might be lower. Has been a waiting list in the past also.

I need a friend to join there.

1 Like

course is built for fade/slice player

aka = not me

I hit a draw, but I always played well at Minikahda.

If anyone wants a hole-by-hole breakdown of my scores, please let me know…

3 Likes

why not? it’s just us MN guys.

1 Like

I heard $75k and 2 year wait with dues around $900 per month. I emailed them to get membership info and got no response so I don’t think they really have much interest in adding new members.

1 Like

Having a member friend is probably better than being a member yourself.

1 Like

I’ve got 3-4 buddies who are members there if you want any info.

Lucky to be in this biz, have friends at Interlachen, Wayzata, Spring Hill, Windsong, Minkahda, Edina, Somerset, Mendakota, T&C, Stillwater, Indian — pretty much everywhere except North Oaks and Oak Ridge.

2 Likes

I’m kidding. I don’t live in MN anymore, but I’m fortunate to have friends at several of the clubs in the Twin Cities.

What’s the deal with Braemar?

It’s going to be the awesome, maybe too good even. I walked it back in December before we had snow on the ground because my golf addiction was flaring up. There is a 6 hole stretch on the front that alternates par 3s and par 5s, super sick.

It’s right in between my home and office so I will be playing it a lot this summer, I can promise you that.

The designer is doing a hole by hole breakdown on the other forum leading up to it’s opening date on 5/14. He just posted hole #6.

2 Likes

When I moved to Minneapolis, I was surprised at how deep the bench is in the Twin Cities for good golf, both public and private. Coming from Ohio, where the bench for private courses is deep, but definitely not on the public side, it was impressive. Now I’m in Maryland, where the bench is very shallow for both private and public.

Throw in Lawsonia and now Sand Valley being relatively close, along with the northern MN courses, it’s a good spot.

1 Like

For sure. I didn’t realize it either until I traveled a bit. Growing up here I thought it was the norm everywhere but in a lot of cities the public golf is just awful.

I am really excited for SV, to have that within a 4 hour drive is a wonderful addition.

1 Like

I just told my wife we should go back this summer. She wants to visit our friends, I want to play golf (with friends).

1 Like

My recommendation for something close-ish to MSP among the courses currently open is Highland National. It’s a St. Paul city course - fairly basic but fun layout and usually in decent shape. Hugely playable - especially in the early season. Greens are good. Their practice green was open last week and I imagine it will have the least amount of snow and be in the best shape of anything else in the area. Also pretty cheap ($36 to walk - super walkable). Cheers!

https://stpaul.golf/highland-national-gc

1 Like