Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

To anyone relatively new in this group, you will quickly realize, between @BaxterMSP, @GRWhitehead and @munihack7 there is little they don’t know about courses, Minnesota golf…eff it basically anything golf.

Edit: should have included @tj_denawli also…Thats my bad sorry dude

4 Likes

If you’re by PGA SS you aren’t too far from Braemar. It’s worth checking out man!

3 Likes

Ha! No, those guis know way more than me!

1 Like

When I lived in the cities I was 5 minutes away from Braemar. We moved before I got to try the new TopTracer tech :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t even know they had it when I went on Black Friday, i just wanted swing and see the ball fly for about 75 yards in the air instead of a screen or net :joy:

2 Likes

This is pie in the sky thinking (I am married with a couple of kids and would need to get an official blessing) but I had an idea today. (forgive me if this has been done before)

Would there be interest in planning an MN contingent event this summer/fall, 1 day, 27 hole matchplay event (Three 9 hole games) where we could set captains, draft a team on a Friday night(in person or live right here) and play on Saturday? No money involved, just for fun, pride, and an opportunity to play.

I think we would need to cap the number of players but there’s plenty of time to figure something like that out.

Again just a thought on a winter night where I wish I was golfing, but would love to get peoples thoughts.
#MatchPlayGang

10 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

I would think this is very achievable and I would be in.

1 Like

FWIW

I’ve done a Ryder Cup-style match play day with friends before where we made two tee times - one first thing in AM and one after lunch. Works well timing wise and may be easier than trying to play 3 separate 9 hole matches in same day.

Plus then you get then get to debate if four-ball or foursomes are more advantageous to your team in the morning*

*this is a bit

3 Likes

Definitely open on the idea. I was thinking of a way to get Fourball, greensomes/foursomes, and singles in one day but honestly the spirit is just to play some match play and get to meet and play with this crew

2 Likes

Sure, would be a good time.

2 Likes

This does not sound bad, I’d be interested for sure.

1 Like

I would be very very interested in doing something like this

1 Like

In.

1 Like

New member here and just moved from Eau Claire to Hudson this fall so close to the border. Planning to join Troy Burne next year but also looking to play some golf in the Metro. Lived in the Twin Cities prior to EC so pretty familiar with the public courses but always looking for suggestions.

3 Likes

I know we have talked about this pretty frequently but if you will be in Hudson you should go to The Royal for a round

2 Likes

I will be out at TB plenty for lessons this summer. Would love to get a few rounds in. Welcome!

Interested!

2 Likes

I think this would be pretty fun. Definitely interested.

2 Likes

I love Totally Driven in Edina. Monthly membership available. 5 Trackman, chipping green, putting green with SAM putt lab, and workout area.

1 Like