Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Lets do it. Bunker is $32 at twlight with cart it is toooo good

1 Like

Royal is pretty sweet. Each 9 has its own vibe which I really liked.

2 Likes

Got to be honest, i am psyched to meet all you people at these courses next year. I was late to do my first meet up with refugee but might set a new PR for golf played in a summer if we can get all these potential rounds in.

6 Likes

I’ve heard mixed reviews on Royal- the greens I’ve heard can be downright unfair, e.g. good shots not rewarded. I’ve also heard others who said it was one of best courses in state. Looking forward to forming my own opinion next season.

Are any of you guys in on TFE Steamshovel?

1 Like

I’m sure some will, but quite a few of us will be at an even bigger event that weekend.

Some of the greens are tough. I know a few of us complained about some in particular but it’s still an awesome place to play a round.

1 Like

I was last year.

I am undetermined on what one I am going to go to either the Detroit city or steamshovel but steamshovel is significantly closer so I am leaning that way

Too bad the events conflict. I’m thinking I’ll try to get in to Steamshovel.

Not a ruptured tendon, but a strained tendon. I’m in a splint for 6 weeks so I’m out for the sim tomorrow :confused:

Damn, i don’t think it is going to happen anyways. We will try for after the holidays starting in Jan when things slow down a bit and a new year for everyone to start fresh.

1 Like

@Sims yikes… hope that heals up fine and you’re good to go come Spring. January till early April is my busy time of the year so it’s highly unlikely I’d make any meetups in those months but maybe I’ll be able to sneak one in and meet some of you.

1 Like

Spring is only 4(ish) months away. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. Golf is right around the corner.

5 Likes

What’s the best metro area simulator setup? Looking to get in some swings over the holidays.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Watertown, MN just a stones throw from Windsong and Pioneer Creek. Never played Windsong, Pioneer/Baker are probably my most common plays. New dad who only got to play twice in 2019. Managed a course in Iowa for 4 years, gave up the game after that for about 4 years and just starting to get back in to it. Glad to meet y’all. Hope to see some of you out there in 2020!

4 Likes

Man i can not wait. Looking forward to getting out there as i don’t have many trips planned south

1 Like

Welcome…not sure how many takers you’ll be getting to play “Windong” with you but good luck!

3 Likes

Never done anything other then the PGA SS ($100 for a year) and its close to my place.

I have heard good things about BirdiGolf, here is a decent site that i found.

https://www.twincitiesgolf.com/indoor-winter-golf-domes-facilities-in-twin-cities-minnesota-mn/

1 Like

We have quite the crew here. Love to see everyone people continue to join. Welcome.

I played Birdi with a buddy 2 weeks ago. The rig itself is the best sim that I’ve played on; very cool how it will adjust to your actual lie angle. Drawback that I found was the screen seemed closer than most other sims, like XGolf. There were a few balls that caught a bounce and came back into the sitting area.

1 Like