Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

I second all this and have had no issues with tee times. Definitely feels semi-private since Thursday afternoons are only members/guests and weekend mornings are probably 90% members/guest/cardholders. I definitely got my money’s worth and nobody complains about the guest fee there. @freesypop did forget to add in the complaints section that anger issues can lead to snapping a stroke lab putter shaft in half.

5 Likes

@freesypop @charvey

Thank you both for the comments. Really glad to hear about tee time availability and pace of play. This is seeming like a no brainer more and more.

Didn’t play much golf this year but in previous years, i would normally play about 95% with at least one of my buddies and we were talking about this scenario which made it more enticing. Does this check out?

If one of us joined ($2500), and guest fee is $50 then it takes the member 25 rounds to break even and the other person (non-member) it would take 50 round to “break even” . The only benefit for both of us joining is that then if the member is busy the non members can still play SR.

1 Like

Hell yeah! Vodka for me. Thanks Guy!

1 Like

Vodka sounds great, Guy! Also looking forward to the sample of your bourbon. :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

vodka please! thanks Guy!

1 Like

Thanks Guy! Let’s go with Gin.

1 Like

Gin for me please. Thanks!

1 Like

Vodka works for me! Thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re thinking of joining. I’m moving to Cottage grove later this year, and will likely be joining Stoneridge as well!

2 Likes

That shaft had structural issues long before I missed that 18’’ par putt.

@Taylorda I think your numbers check out, but if I were you I’d be the one with my name on the membership. If your buddy is going to play 50 rounds, he should just join too.

I think they may be running a wait list on the associate memberships for next year, so it may be wise to throw your name in now just in case.

1 Like

Ouzo for me please. Many thanks as usual

1 Like

Gin for me. Thanks!

1 Like

So as we near 10k posts, I’m curious what piece of gear you all purchased this year that you’re most excited about? I’ll start.

I got a Toulon Las Vegas with a flowneck and the stroke lab shaft that I think has really pumped some positivity back into my putting. I had a flowneck out of high school, then went to a counterbalanced shaft/head, then went to a straight plumbers neck. Going back to the flowneck felt like coming home, and there was an adjustment period, but I’ve had some really great putting rounds this summer that felt like I couldn’t miss.

2 Likes

Easy Answer, buying @SBST 's Clic Gear 4.0. Changed my life this summer!

I will also answer the opposite question, my most disappointing purchase.

Adidas Boost Golf Shoes. Had a pair of Footjoys for 9 years coming into the summer. Got the new Boosts that were more expensive than the old footboys and the Adidas blew out in half a summer. The fabric in the ankles has completely worn away exposing the internal plastic that just shreds my ankles. Shame on me for trying to leave the Goat of Golf Footwear, Footjoy.

3 Likes

Membership also gives you access to some member events including season long matchplay, club championship, member guest, etc. Guest rate in the summer is $59 to walk now if trying to calculate the breakeven. I personally don’t play many 9 hole rounds or go to practice but those are both big perks of joining as well. No great 9 hole rate that I know of and they do have member only hitting area at the back of the range.

2 Likes

Man. I’m a big Ecco fanboy, but I had a pair of relatively new shoes literally explode on me while I was down in Florida. This specific model just seems to fit my foot perfectly, so I’ve stockpiled on them off eBay through the years and they don’t make this shoe anymore. This was probably like the 5th or 6th time I wore this particular pair and the sole just crumbled. I called Ecco and they said they couldn’t do anything about it since the model was from like 8 years ago.

1 Like

You want hear that I have in hand or gear coming my way? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Technically got it 4 days before 2021 but didn’t get to use it until this season so I am going with my Spider X. Getting fitted for it was one of the best things I did as far as equipment goes this year. Shout out 2nd swing.

2 Likes

Nice! What’d they change for you in the fitting? I did a full bag fitting at Club Champion a few years back (they had a promotional thing that it was like $100 for the whole bag) and for the putter I think he adjusted my loft and lie by like a degree, but that was about it.

1 Like

I learned a little bit about my stroke but according to the fitting charts for most putters online based on my height I should be using a 34 inch putter but based on the fitting the fitter believed I belong in a 35 based on how I position myself with the putter in hand and in relationship to the ball and then he also moved it a degree upright and after that it increased my confidence big time in relationship to anything in that you know 3-6-9ft range

1 Like

I will go with the Ouzo, have not had that in a long time. Thank you sir!

3 Likes