Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Hi everybody - joined The Nest recently and wanted to introduce myself. I got back into playing a lot last year (like so many other people) after playing only a few times/year for the 10 years or so prior. I played with somebody last summer who introduced me to the NLU podcast and I’ve been a huge fan since. I live in Hopkins and play Braemar mostly. Looking forward to getting involved.

Brandon

18 Likes

Welcome, @bwills

Are you originally from MN?

What is your favorite hole at Braemar?

3 Likes

stonecard holders unite?! on friday? @charvey @tj_denawli (in solidarity)

3 Likes

Thanks! I grew up in northwest IL and have lived in the Minneapolis area since 2009. Moved here after college.

13 at Braemar is a favorite for me. Which is yours?

1 Like

I wish I could have an informed opinion on the subject. I have only been able to play it once since the rebuild, and that was in 2019. I had a great time, but I don’t think one round allows me much of an opinion.

(I liked the front 9 more than the back)

1 Like

The bottleneck hole, heart attack hill. Intersting choice.

2 Likes

Can we talk about 11?

Idk why but that hole…going up high on the hill for the tee ball…mind F.

EDIT

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely a hike up to the tee. I hardly ever score well on it either. Either way, I think it’s a fun hole.

Found in pond on #2 at willingers. Who lost it?

15 Likes

Huge shout out to @cmlink47 for driving down to do battle at The Jewel. Good golf, even better time just hanging out. I was able to come out on top in the end. Onto the dirty 32

6 Likes

Anyone playing tomorrow AM?

Would you rather play a Braemar or play in the member/guest at Northland? Two of the members here cough @munihack7 & @BaxterMSP cough are choosing Braemar. I think they should be kicked out of here :rofl:

2 Likes

Many people call this the Augusta National of Brooklyn Center.

Shout out @kirkeide1

12 Likes

Definitely a great day at The Jewell with @Kolby and well worth the drive.

As tough as it is to be super hyped all winter about this and take the first MN Match play “L”, the superior golfer has moved on. Much appreciation as well to @BaxterMSP for his efforts in pulling this together. Good luck to the rest of the Guis!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Was out there today as well. Had the 1:05 tee time, tee’d off about 1:30 from the frost delay, walked off the course about 6:15…
The h2o got a few Srixons today with the help of the wind. Good to be outside swingin the sticks with some buddies though.

1 Like

I cannot like this…

1 Like

Edinburgh USA doesn’t need a false label, it already does that with its current name!

oooooof. The reasons why it’s trash keep piling up!

3 Likes

On 15 the ranger told us to hit into the group in front of us, he said they were a hole behind. I thought rangers got paid to manage those issues buy maybe I’m mistaken.

3 Likes

@kirkeide1 would love a hole by hole breakdown from you.

I say this because there are some holes out there that are cool/fun but there are some that are… not great…

1 Like