Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Got to pay for that new 9 holes and reconstruction I guess. So disappointed, lived 2 blocks from there and loved that course back in the day, nothing but downhill in the past few years. Only course close to me that has a driving range. Guess I’ll be spending more on gas this summer.

Anyone interested in playing 3/26? Hoping to tee off by noon so I could be back home by 5:30.

Got my butt handed to me down in the Pinehurst area and everything stemmed from the wedge yips. Where in the Twin Cities (Metro) area are there good facilities/practice areas to work on wedge games, other then just going to hit balls?

Royal has a short game area near the first tee and putting green.

2 Likes

Edinburgh has a decent chipping area that allows for shorter pitches depending on how many people are there.

1 Like

Great day at Bunker for the first refuge round of the year with @charvey @redcedar14 and @TBuhr33. Conditions were toughhhhhhhh. Don’t have any pictures because Bunker is kinda boring aesthetically on a cloudy day like today, but conditions were really good for March. Fairways were lush and greens were probably running an 8 or 9 (I’m not good at stimp estimating but they were decently fast!)

9 Likes

Behold!! The breathtaking and scenic views presented by Bunker Hills in mid-March. Stunning to say the least. Was a treat of a day despite the wind, absolute blast playing with you guis!

12 Likes

Got word that Keller is (possibly) opening their tee sheet Thursday. They’ll for sure open it next Tuesday for the following weekend. Got a group hoping to get out 4/3. Forecast is 65 and partly cloudy as of now… :crossed_fingers:t2:

Also hearing murmurs that Rush Creek will be opening next week.

7 Likes

Was just going to ask if anyone had insider info on Rush Creek

Have never played but currently living in the area…like I could theoretically walk there in 15 minutes.

Would LOVE to go sometime

1 Like

CANT WAIT

2 Likes

Well, shit…let’s do it!:metal:t2:

1 Like

They were mowing the Mac Nine yesterday. Looks like there is an announcement coming by Friday.

@BaxterMSP what are the details for setting up matches? Who, when, etc?

Thanks for the nudge, may as well do a reminder for everyone involved.

The MN Match Play tournament is officially underway! If you don’t remember who your first round pairing is against, take a look below. The rules are:

Who: Find your first round opponent on the bracket below
When: Take to the DMs, WhatsApp, text messages or whatever you use to connect and set up a date/time that works for the both of you. Just be sure to complete your match no later than April 30th
Where: Wherever the two match participants agree upon. Can be a neutral location, home club for one, but both need to agree
Format: Head to head net matchplay. Any handicap disputes should be raised prior to the match and we’ll get the Refuge Handicap Chair @GRWhitehead to issue a ruling
Forfeits: If the participants do not complete their match by the assigned deadline, whoever made a good faith effort to play will advance to the next round. If both made a good faith effort, a coin will be flipped. If neither made an effort, you both suck and you’re eliminated.

That should cover it…good luck to all and don’t forget to post your match results in the thread so we can update the bracket/ridicule the loser!

14 Likes

Sent you a DM

@chefcycle and I are going to try and get our first match in next Wednesday, March 31st at Keller. Anyone want to join?

1 Like

I might be free. Mark me as tentative right now.:+1:t2:

1 Like

2 spots open at a southern hills on Fri 3/26 at 12:24p. Message me if interested.

I would be interested as well