Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Yea, i hear that. Its hard. I would say try to spread the love but i would also say you need to support the ones you really love to try to keep them around. I don’t think you can go wrong either way…unless the places you love are applebees

3 Likes

Wife and I have been supporting the ones we love and the ones that are geographically closest to us.

1 Like

Not sure if most of you have called it a year on golf/not willing to play in these frigid temps, but if you’re looking to get a December round in Stonebrooke in Shakopee is doing a noon shotgun start Tomorrow-Thursday and 11AM Friday-Sunday. Who woulda thought?

3 Likes

This inspired me to get Lake and Irving tonight. Must protect my baby at all costs.

3 Likes

For anyone looking for a chance to play this weekend. I have a 12:10 tee time on Saturday at Albion Ridges. I have 2 spots open at the moment if anyone is interested in joining me.

I just put myself down on the 1039 tee time for sunday at loggers trail if anyone is interested. Should still be 3 spots open.

Do we think it gets above 45 this weekend? Not sure I am Minnesotan enough to walk 18 when its 41

Guessing we won’t be above 45, but have played 3 rounds since 11/1 below 40 and if you layer up it is a very comfortable walk. @Mystic and @Battisstatus can vouch for that as well.

2 Likes

One of my golf goals at the start of the year was to play in every month. I’ve completed it so far so I need to find a spot to get out and play in the next week probably.

Throw on 2 or 3 layers, warm socks and bring a flask with some 100 proof bourbon, you’ll be OK.

2 Likes

No shame in not wanting to play below 45 haha. But when it’s that cold I’d much rather walk then ride.

Very doable. UA style long johns, UA long sleeve as the base layer. No problem. It’s easy. If I thought it was actually possible for me I would try but I just don’t see it in the cards for me.

How about 70 proof Ron Diaz in the bottle? Cuz thats in the bag right now

1 Like

I keep the mini hand warmers in my pockets too…game changer

1 Like

Hand warmer tip; make sure you open them well before you get to the course. They last 10 hours and work best if you get them hot in warmer temps first.

4 Likes

To help out my fellow northerners, you might want to look into some of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABA0IBK/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_WZPXFbXEJZHHQ

This feels against the rules, but I am not sure.

@iacas bat signal

3 Likes

Disclaimer: not in competition

1 Like

This would violate the rules but sounds fair game in March or November when you can’t post your scores anymore.

2 Likes

Yes, I am sorry I should have stated that.

Thank you for clarifying Mr. @bignanski