Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

This is a great idea. I know I got a last minute tee time a little over a month ago and was scrambling to remember who the west side contingent members were.

I’m new and late to the talk of a strapped discussion. However I know they have driven a little in those and spent up on a few courses. A more expensive strapped course that’s a doable drive from the south metro is Willingers. What is it like $34 or so?
Emerald Greens would also work as they have decent early bird rates.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome @Taylorda

I would imagine everyone will have a lot of judging to do with my answers, so let the judging begin…

I just turned 30 in June and got married in December. I myself, am a MN sports fan but I decided to marry a Green Bay girl (thoughts and prayers appreciated). The wife and I live in an APARTMENT in Edina. I usually tell people we just live in Bloomington just to avoid said judgement, alas this is a safe space right? Right!?!

For golf I picked up a Player’s card for Braemar this year. If I’m not playing Braemar I will play mostly city courses with buddies (Meadowbrook, Theo Wirth, Hiawatha, Como, and Keller).

As far as restaurants go that is a tough one… I might have to go with Tilia I love that palce. There you have it feel free to judge away!

2 Likes

I’m not quite giving up yet. I think we all know as ridiculously fast this season disappeared after it was literally 80 degrees less than two weeks ago, it can warm up just as quickly again. I’m not buying that this cold weather/snow is here to stay yet. Call me a crazy optimist, but even though it looks like a terrible outlook the next week plus right now it could easily be highs in the upper 40s/low 50s again in November. You truly never know in this part of the country.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Love to see a Como reference, welcome!

1 Like

I truly hope you are correct. I will gladly eat my words if that means we get a couple more rounds in.

Not really saying you’re wrong, just trying to keep hope alive!

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things”

Isn’t that what RACDG is for?

Does the MN contingent not care about the RACDG?

1 Like

Good point but isn’t RACDG much bigger then the TC contingent? It’s been a while since I did anything with the RACDG…

1 Like

Every single time I see RACDG the damned EBDBBNB scene/song from “The League” pops into my head.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

2 Likes

And no good thing ever dies

1 Like

Here’s a visual from 10 days ago
You can see the rough in for a few of the sedge holes
Sidelined indefinitely per founding member in lieu of lido project

4 Likes

The weather sucks and the season is (pretty much) over. That could be a depressing thing, but I have just the cure for everyone. YUGE announcement coming at 11:45 AM today…

17 Likes

I don’t want to wait until 11:45.

1 Like

2 Likes

F5, repeat, repeat, repeat

4 Likes

4 Likes

The heartland rankings from Golf magazine. I have never heard of Whispering Pines. Anyone ever play it?

No, but it’s a Joel Goldstrand so I’m sure it sucks. Seeing it included in there is wild, I’d love to know how it got there above so many big name courses.

1 Like