Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Some fun local news today! Tyler Koivisto won on the Challenge Tour today, went to SCSU and taught 4th grade for three years after school. Decided to give pro golf a go and played for the last two years, got a call two weeks ago for his conditional status to play in Northern Ireland and won in his first ever Challenge Tour start. 32k euro and a decent shot at getting European Tour status as well, cool story.

2 Likes

this reminds me so hard of a “conversation” (if you can even call it that…) I had with a human (wont even call him a gui) on the putting green at Edinburgh. Was chatting with a friend, telling him a gui I knew was playing in the local qualifier for the 3M open at victory links. human butts into convo and says “no one from minnesota goes pro, you have to live in florida or arizona to get that good.” I blankly stare at him and go “but, you have to try if you want to go pro right?” he quickly shuts up and leaves the green stage left. image

3 Likes

Wow, tough time for me to take a golf trip to Michigan and not check this thread for a whole week.

Looking at this spreadsheet, it looks like there are still spots open for this match play event? Baker has been on my to play list for years and I somehow haven’t made it out there yet so I am very interested.

2 Likes

Yes, spots still open, planning to close in about a week or so.

2 Likes

Got a tee time for 4 at Troy Burne on Sunday at 7 am that should give plenty of time to get home to watch Kirk “If I die, I die” Cousins take on the Packers. $72 to ride or walk. Let me know if anyone wants a spot!

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

Match Play is the best and this looks like a lot of fun. Will there be an award for furthest traveled to play this event? if so sign me up to be an alternate with a definitely maybe status if needed.

1 Like

Wow clearly i thought this was at Troy Burne. lol. Baker is much closer! Anyways as of now ill be an alternate with a good chance i can commit if there are still spots open. Thanks for setting up!

Bumping another offer for Friday at 940a at Pioneer Creek? @tmoney7 and I so far. The sun might even come out!

2 Likes

If there’s still a spot, I’d love to join.

2 Likes

Yo guis, my wife and I are heading to the north shore this weekend for our anniversary. If we get out it will likely be late Saturday morning around Duluth - any recommendations welcome

1 Like

You’re in! One spot left if anyone wants to play Sunday at Troy Burne 7 am.

Lakeview national in two harbors is like 15 bucks to walk on the weekend. You get a couple great views of the lake. I can’t compare it to anything else up there since it’s the only one I play when I’m there but I’ve always loved it. Fair amount of walking between holes tho. Riding is still only 25.

That’s extremely affordable, but I’ve played Lakeview with absolutely terrible conditioning in the past and hated it. Maybe I need to give it another chance?

Iv had the full gambit of experiences there. I’ve always thought that course had good bones to it. It’s conditioning had always been hit or miss for me.

I did forget until just now though they were repairing one green so they had a flag in the fairway to play to when I last played there in may. The rest of the course was better than the price would suggest though. It’s definitely not what you would call “well manicured” haha

I’ve heard this place called northland country club is pretty nice.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure nemadji across the border in Superior was featured in a fried egg article awhile back. Never played it but looks okay. Probably better than enger or lester.

Found the article, here is his take.

** Nemadji Golf Course (North-South) – Stanley Pelcher – Superior, WI
Peak walking rate: $25

“I found this golf course just wandering around Google Earth, and it stuck out. Trusted advisors have confirmed that Nemadji is an absolute gem. The golf course was built in 1932 by Scottish greenskeeper Stanley Pelcher and remains almost entirely intact (17/18 holes remain). The golf course is set on a nice piece of ground, which is used as a defense and features well-thought-out bunkering.”

3 Likes

Ain’t too proud to beg

They have a big tournament this weekend (The Leo Spooner).

Nemadji or Northland?