Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Really sucks but I get it. Their business model is to have a packed gathering space for people to buy beer and food. Without the outdoor space, it’s truly impossible to operate in a covid world.

I need to get over there and order some pizzas before they close, best pizza in MN.

3 Likes

can be a little penal…but I have enjoyed it a few times.

1 Like

oh boy…this pandemic

Yeah maybe the middle of a pandemic is not the time to try and unionize either.

I know the company is already losing $250,000/year, but we want it to be $300,000!

2 Likes

I wonder how much of the loss is directly tied to the beer hall? We’ll never know the cost structure…they did get a HUGE check from Johnson Bros.

1 Like

Beer hall was the biggest cost center by far, the costs stayed and revenues disappeared.

J Bros helped pay for construction but that money was spent awhile ago.

1 Like

My rough understanding was that the Johnson Brothers check was essentially the equity contribution on the beer hall financing.

Surly should offer to lease the beer hall to the union for the cost of the debt-service, and sell them the beer at normal wholesale rates. Let the union see how long they can make it as a business, after they’re responsible for meeting their own demands.

5 Likes

Yeah I think it paid for about 2/3rds of it.

agree, but it’s worth it at least once

Spots are filling up fast, but still have room for you to #GetInvolved !

Confirmed today that we will have tee times starting at 11:00am on the 27th.

5 Likes

I am just realizing now this is the same day as the real (read: cancelled) Ryder Cup.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d love to defend #11 and #15 in person, but alas, I cannot.

Much of my defense relies on the fact that - for reasons I can’t explain - #11 is much better to me than it should be. My grint stats suggested my average was a full stroke below what it was for #10, at least for awhile.

One of my architectural defenses of the hole is that it gives you the full left 2/3 of the fairway to have a clear shot at the green, knowing the longer you go the more the trees block you if you push it right. It is literally a risk/reward hole in that regard (unlike many others that don’t deserve the moniker). The interesting part is that the risk comes on your second shot, instead of in a penalty area/bunker/OB on your drive. If you are stuck behind the trees, you have the opportunity to make an actually achievable heroic shot (a 170-220 yard cut - sometimes that has to be low - over water to a receptive green. There is actually room short of green and over water there if you miss short, so the shot is less penal than it feels…if you can hit a cut.

Now the admittedly unfortunate part of the hole is the layup you have to do if you’re absolutely too far right. The fairway is super narrow there and slopes down to the water and a layup could easily slooowly roll into the water.

Who’s with me?!?

1 Like

Just signed up! Assuming this is gross alternate shot format after the net debacle we had at the Northstar??

3 Likes

What debacle? People from states away complaining about the NSS is not a debaclr

8 Likes

I’ll be at the Barn Burner in Kansas City. So that should help with some of the problem.

1 Like

No debacles at NSS, I can only hope this is mini meet will capture a small part of the awesomeness that was that day at the NSS.

Let the internet goofballs be jealous they weren’t a part of the NSS and shitposting about dudes handicaps who they’ve never played with.

GHIN difference will handicap these matches on the 27th. TC Way governs all play. giphy

8 Likes

Just over here wondering how you pronouce this

7 Likes

how do you pronounce this

11 Likes

Heard rumblings of this being a potential union busting tactic after their employees announced they were pushing for unionizing last week.