Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

I legit forgot about that back range before you just brought it up. Nobody likes to use it and it’s a relaxing spot to work on the short game?

1 Like

What’s this new Windsong range you all speak of? What’s new about it?

Unrelated, but am I the only person in the Nest who doesn’t know how to make a clever descriptor after my user name? Or am I not privy to the “launch codes” yet?

2 Likes

They completely gutted it. Added an awesome chipping/short game area and relocated the tees with different tiers. I think they changed up the target greens as well. It’s looking real pure. Also heard a rumor they’re looking into installing trackman on the range.:flushed:

1 Like

Took me a while to figure it out. Log in through this beta site and it’ll give you a little box to change it. I’m sure there’s an easier way, but this is how I did it.:man_shrugging:t2:

https://beta.nolayingup.com/

Thank you - I’ve never felt so alive!

2 Likes

Cool, now I have to explain to my wife why I’m getting membership info about a club that’s an easy hour from my house.

2 Likes

Better late than never.:facepunch:t2:

Lol. Shoulda joined up a year or two ago before the dues spiked!

1 Like

I spend a fair a bit of time at Edinburg practice facility. It really is great huge green, separate chipping green, the range lacks a bit so I think it’s not quite as good as the royal practice facility but still really good. It’s about 15 minutes from my place so that’s where I go most of the time.

Any of you guys join a private club before age 30? I am dying to get into one but I know it’s not going to happen for another few years…if I am even that lucky.

3 Likes

I’m not a member anywhere. Did genuinely consider Windsong about two seasons ago. Knew the rates were about to go up, but never pulled the trigger. It broke down to something like:

$15,000 paid in annual installments until 40
$300/month

There’s no other dues, just straight up golf. Dave, the owner, has dumped millions into it and footed the bill himself. He was really making a push to get the BMW out there, and from my understanding was pretty much right there, they just don’t have the space for it. They lengthened it to play 7,700+ from the tips. Played from there a couple times last summer. She’s a damn bear from back there! The back nine is incredible, too. Would’ve been really awesome to see a tournament come down to those last few holes.

3 Likes

Wasn’t the story on Windsong it was for the MGC members who wanted to start another club or to have a second course? Never really understood why they went 40 min. away but perhaps that was the closest best land…

When you say they don’t have the space - do you mean grandstand locations? they definitely have enough land for parking on the other side of the road, probably another 27 holes.

I don’t really know the history of the club, but I don’t doubt that’s the case. Isn’t that the whole hazeltine-interlachen thing?

And yeah, it’s more for grandstands/merch tents/tv tents. The plan was to park cars across the street, but they apparently just don’t have the space on the course for all the infrastructure.

Google Earth fuchs for checking out courses!

8 Likes

Oh, that little guy? I wouldn’t worry about that little guy

2 Likes

Olympic Hills…
giphy

2 Likes

God damn…that looks even better than the flyover video.

1 Like

I think Google has recently updated their imagery and/or updated the Google Earth app. I have not been productive lately…

I voted StoneRidge but damn, after looking at the new Keller - I’d be happy with either one. I work about 3 minutes from Keller and haven’t played the course in about 10 years.

Yes, I’m an idiot.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it will be one or the other. Just waiting on date availability…