Roll Call: Mississippi

Pretty easy to convince the Mrs. to sneak away to Beau Rivage for a quick weekend getaway.

1 Like

It might be too fitting to have a meet up at The Refuge Golf Course in Jackson?

1 Like

Played out there last month when I was in town for a wedding. It was in great shape, and Iā€™m sure will only get better as things warm up. Itā€™s crazy how different that place looks since they took out so many trees.

1 Like

Played in a tournament out there this past summer and it was great. May or June meet up there would be great before it just gets brutal hot. Hotel onsite for anyone that wanted to travel in for it. Iā€™d be happy to look at dates and get info from them if people are interested.

There will be an event at Highland Park Golf Course in Birmingham, AL on Saturday 4/23.
The event will be in the afternoon which will give people time to drive in. I think we have 12-14 guys signed up and would love for some folks from MS to make the drive over.

1 Like

Saw this in the Bama thread. Hate I canā€™t make it.

Hope some guys from the Sip will make the drive over and join us! Looking forward to itā€¦ Itā€™s the closest Iā€™ve gotten back to Starkville in years, hope to change that for a baseball weekend soon though

2 Likes

Hate I canā€™t make it but hope to make one down the road if yā€™all extend the invite again.

1 Like

If you ever need baseball tickets to a State game just let me know.

1 Like

Anyone here ever play at Natchez Golf Club at Duncan Park? Used to live there and had some nostalgic memories of playing there and wanted to see if they held up.

New guy here from Yazoo City. Just started playing regularly about a year ago and I suck. Any recs for lessons in central Mississippi? Talked to the guy at Nevada Bobs but they only do weekday lessons. I need weekend.

Jacob Ross @ Country Club of Jackson is who I see. He does lessons on weekends. Go to his Instagram and there is a link in his bio to his website where you can book online.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll be giving him a call.

Had my first lesson with Jacob this morning. He had me hitting it better than I ever have. Hopefully I donā€™t regress. Appreciate the rec

2 Likes

Glad to hear it went well!

1 Like

Kentucky football fan here. Got about 10-15 people coming down for the game on 10/1.

Iā€™ve tried to find best info about tailgating spots for visitors. I know it will impossible to get a spot in the grove (I know you can hire companies, weā€™re not going to do all that). What would Rebels fans suggest for our group? I know a lot hinges on game time which wonā€™t come out until two weeks prior.

Letā€™s assume itā€™s a 6-6:30pm local kickoff (looking at SEC schedule that day. I think this game will be slotted in the evening slot on SECNetwork).

Thanks for any help

Couple of options:

1. Designate a group to set up when the Grove opens Friday night (I think it should be 7pm). We used to have to do this ourselves, but it is largely the set-up companies that run the show now.
  2. Bite the bullet and pay to have someone set up a tent for you all. Being in the Grove is worth the cost/hassle.
  3. Say ā€œscrew it,ā€ find a place for brunch (Boure, Rafters, BBB), pack a cooler (or two) and walk to the Grove. Youā€™ll find yourselves invited into more tailgates then you need.
  4. Where are you staying? You could do some combination of the above depending on location.

Last year was the first time I didnā€™t make it back for a game, so others may have some more info as things are always shifting a bit.

We have a couple of VRBOs in between Sardis and Batesville.

I agree that it would be worth it to bite the bullet and have a company set up a tent for you. Would be nice to have a home base and not have to deal with the hassle. Plus, split 10-15 ways it canā€™t be too bad.

If not, you guys shouldnā€™t have a problem tent hopping. Everyone in the Grove/Circle is pretty friendly and welcoming to opposing fans. You will be invited in for food and drinks by many Ole Miss folk.

Just checked out some of those tent companies. Those prices are very reasonable, especially with the size group we have. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Weā€™re booking as we speak.

1 Like