Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

LOL. Northland has the Lake Superior views and I’ll give you the greens being better thanks to the consistent spiciness. On all other counts WBYC is the clear winner and takes the title with a TKO in round 10.

5 Likes

Worth noting that hotels/accommodations in Duluth average like $1,000 per night.

Not literally, but it’s wild af up there.

5 Likes

This might be incorrect. Inflation has probably pushed them up to $1,000 on the peak weekends.

I would only spend the time to travel to Duluth if you are going to play more golf or hit up the North Shore. Giants Ridge, Fortune Bay and Superior National (according to @baxtermsp) are all great tracks and the North Shore is beautiful.

7 Likes

Driving 150 miles is nothing for a Montana guy.

Source: Montana guy.

5 Likes

My point is only that in a ranking of all MN golf courses, both are in the top tier. It’s not like you’re making a big sacrifice choosing Northland for $250 less

1 Like

Fair enough. My 30 second breakdown while sitting at my kids haircut. I’m happy to explain to anyone who disagrees with my matchup about how wrong they are

4 Likes

Lots of info to sleep on tonight.

1 Like

white bear and its not close imo. the views at northland are incredible, but the course itself is really underwhelming. a handful of great holes, whereas at white bear, almost every hole is unique or memorable.

3 Likes

Next matchup for people to weigh in on…Mendakota vs. Les Bolstad

6 Likes

3 Likes

I think Les v. Mendakota is a nail biter.

4 Likes

I do have to admit that Mendy has been constantly getting better with a bunch of green renovations… The greens on 1, 2, and 4 are considerably better then a short while ago.

1 Like

How do you feel about power lines?

2 Likes

Bout the same as the European Ryder Cup team.

3 Likes

As if enough people didn’t provide input thought I’d chime in. - It’s a no lose situation in my opinion. I guess something going for Northland is that while you’re up there, you can do all the other courses @charvey mentioned and take in the North Shore. North Shore is a wildly underrated part of the country! The totality/experience of the trip up to Duluth/North Shore is probably a more immersive experience

5 Likes

I will echo this as well. The North shore of Lake Superior is one of those truly special places. Being from MT I’m guessing you probably understand and can appreciate this sentiment.

6 Likes

the north shore is certainly special. i lived in the upper peninsula of michigan for a number of years, one of the most beautiful and unique places you’ll ever see, especially if you drive through the entirety of it, something i recommend everyone do at some point in their lives.

duluth and north is very similar

3 Likes

We were destined to be friends

Sorry @Battisstatus, that was more of a slight, 'Murica all the way.

1 Like

I more so meant that you were making Ryder Cup references at all

1 Like