Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

oh shit

5 Likes

Southern Hills open tomorrow as well

1 Like

Annoyingly they are anti single. Need to call the pro shop to book. If I’m booking as a single on a Friday morning, you think I want to talk to a person to schedule that?

11 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised at how single friendly most courses are in the Metro.

Back in Boise they were openly hostile where all courses in town would not even let a single book a tee time. You’d have to show up and they’d try to fit you in with varying success.

#GrowTheGame

I play as a single quite a bit during the summer too and have rarely had issues here. The main issue for them, I would think, would be people booking as a twosome but only having one show up if they wanted to book. It sure would be discouraging to try and play the game but courses not letting you.

1 Like

This should excite the group! (ducks)

11 Likes

Royal hasn’t announced anything yet but their tee times are live for Friday.

More importantly

4 Likes

Giving Oak Glen 9 hole a run for the money. But I guess Oak Glen got fancy, they now call it the shorty.

1 Like

Played it yesterday and the course was in great shape! Greens were sandy and a little fuzzy obviously, but I was pleasantly surprised

2 Likes

Bumpity, come slog it through some rain with me

The news we have been waiting for…Keller opens 4/20 at 9:00 am. Think it will be any easier to get tee times this year? :joy:

8 Likes

giphy (14)

1 Like

Anyone in here build clubs besides @bignanski? I need some shafts put on, but Austad’s in Sioux Falls quoted me $25 per shaft and a 3 week lead time. Was hoping someone could do it for cheaper and quicker, and still save money shipping them. Asking here first so that I can possibly save shipping one way/both ways by dropping off or picking up.

2 Likes

Opening day is 4/20….85 degrees does a great job of drying things out

4 Likes

My buddy runs/owns GolfSpec Customs and is based out of Blaine. Hit him on FB or Instagram.

1 Like

Troy Burne and Royal are opening tomorrow.

1 Like

A friend and I played out at the Jewel today, it is in phenomenal shape! Living in the city and not getting down that way often, I forgot how fun that course is.

2 Likes

I might go chip and putt over lunch tomorrow at Shammy

5 Likes

We can talk you through it