Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Yeah that was a clusterfuck at Canterbury.

Thankfully I know the backroads around Canterbury and got off 169 early and took the back way into the parking lot. Saved at least 45 minutes of time.

Sunday, thankfully I got there at basically first light and it was a breeze.

For sure. Hazeltine I think is even worse at this as the landscape doesnā€™t provide many good vantage points, and the Ryder Cup routing in particular creates a lot of choke points. Had some success jumping around at the PGA Championship there, but was a non-existent option for the Ryder Cup.

Every.Single.Weekend. in the summer. As I try and navigate 169 to and from my house I find myself amazed at how people are either going to Canterbury for the first time ever, or donā€™t understand Google Maps. The backroads are very, very easy to find, and navigate.

1 Like

Getting to Canterbury actually wasnā€™t too bad. Getting off property at Hazeltine and waiting for the busses seemed to take forever. For our group at least.

1 Like

FROZEN FOURBALL ANNOUNCEMENT

Iā€™m a big believer in fate

We are going to pursue our traditional weekend with the intention of playing Saturday 11/5

Last year we had an unbelievable showing and we will plan do operate in the same manner as before. We will begin with initial field of 12 with a waiting list. If we gain 4 people, we will expand the field to 16, and then a new waiting list until 20 and so on.

As you all know, this is truly a case of who will take us at that time of year. For those of you that are newer, previous locations have been Pioneer Creek and Southern Hills (shout out @natecardingolf )

17 Likes

Please let the weather be half as decent as the last two years!

5 Likes

@bignanski the championship match between @phrodo and I is planned for the weekend of October 8th. Time and course TBD but might try to snag Keller since @phrodo is scared of Stoneridge.

@Mystic Iā€™m assuming you are going to double bag caddy this match since you couldnā€™t get the job done in the semi-finals?

4 Likes

Tough to carry two bags with both hands around your neck.

11 Likes

Are you at least available to sherpa us around Keller that Sunday if we can get a time? I think every Vikings game we watch takes at least one day off our life so noon tee time might work perfect.

4 Likes

I am currently ā€œvolunteeredā€ to help my wife take 10 10 year old girls to the Gopher womens soccer game, Keller sounds miles better. Iā€™ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Alright, who wants to play tomorrow in the 12pm-1pm window? Preferably on the west-ish sideā€¦I have been bailed on due to illness and I would like to play with some of the crew if possible before I become the random to someoneā€™s group.

2 Likes

Sign me up!

3 Likes

I would most likely be down as well. Just have to work around something that should be possible to work around

1 Like

This is a hitters only group jeeeesh

Have fun tomorrow yā€™all

4 Likes

If you could scoot it to around 11 Iā€™m in

1 Like

Alright - Iā€™ll do my best to find something. Been working with Daniel and selection is sparse lol

1 Like

I have booked a tee time at Timber Creek at 11:40 tomorrow for 3 peopleā€¦Nanski couldnā€™t make it work, so that last slot is open online if anyone wants to come play with @kirkeide1 @Daniel and I.

Update: I might be able to make it. No official word yet but Iā€™m #efforting

I scooped it (I was originally going to go to OH, but work got in the way then backed out of the way), if you can make it lemme know and Iā€™ll give the time to you, since you had first dibs.

2 Likes

3 Likes