Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Fewer than you would lose playing the Classic, Preserve, or Legacy courses.

Due to @bobs219 forfeiting for very valid reasons Iā€™m supposed to move on to the finals. Since bobs already Spiderman gifā€™d me for Omaha, Iā€™m voting to give my spot to @bignanski if he can make it as a thank you for planning efforts.

As far as match play I donā€™t want to win by forfeit. The other side of bracket can play until they have finalist but as far as winner is concerned we push back until I can play bobs. Iā€™m planning to win this fair and square by luring as many net menace opponents to StoneRidge and let my softcap and the course beat them.

7 Likes

Iā€™m fine with you guys pushing it back due to the circumstances. As far as Omaha goes, my wife purposefully scheduled a couples weekend with our close friends to prevent me from going, so while I appreciate the support I actually canā€™t go anyway unless that somehow falls through.

This yearā€™s foursome will undoubtedly be a bit of a hodgepodge, but for next season (which begins this August, by the way) Iā€™ll be rolling out a season-long points system a la F1 or The Carrier Cup. Best part is it wonā€™t be contingent on meetups, which weā€™ve already proven are difficult to get numbers for outside of the Shootout. And I totally get that - we have a short golf season and an even shorter summer and people have a lot of other shit they want to do when the weather is nice. Anyway, Iā€™ll be posting details about the '22-23 wraparound season after the Shootout.

For now, my main focus is on fielding a team for Omaha. Shootout planning is on course and cruising. We can worry about KC when weā€™ve beaten our fellow Roosts.

5 Likes

Was finally able to get out this AM for the long-anticipated Elite Eight match between myself and @SBST. I was able to best him 4&3 out at Victory Links. I took advantage of my one stroke on the first hole and never looked back. Always a pleasure playing with Luke and had a great time playing Victory Links for the first time. Bring on the Final Four!

10 Likes

was a tale as old as time. thin every wedge, pull all your drives. was able to thrive as he sat +2 for a considerable amount of holes. but was put in a casket, in the classiest fashion. onward and upward @phrodo!

(p: the parlay to stone arch bridge worked! cheers!!)

9 Likes

I snagged the last single spot at Keller tomorrow morning at 7:09am, any chance any of you other refugees will be playing at that time?

The Postman delivered today even on his day off as @Mystic took me down 3&1 to continue on his rightful path to the final 4.

Couldnā€™t have been more a gentleman to play with, canā€™t wait to tee it up with him again and yada yada whatever else I need to say to annoy Baxter.

13 Likes

Speaking as a subject matter expert, it doesnā€™t take much

2 Likes

And with that, our Final Four is set.

@charvey vs. @bobs219
@Mystic vs. @phrodo

3 net menaces and one soft cap. Like @charvey, Iā€™m not letting @bobs219 get away with a forfeit. Letā€™s get these matches scheduled so us haters and losers can join the action. @FairwayHank can we get some early betting lines?

3 Likes

@bobs219 and I in the Final Four again this year?!? Iā€™m with @charvey next year straight up match play no handicaps.

6 Likes

You two are known bad guys, so yeah. At the very least weā€™re doing 80% handicap allowance next year.

4 Likes

Wish we could have gotten a @bobs219 v @charvey final at NSS for a good old Live Match in the afternoon. Would have been a fantastic match between a bad guy at his home course and a match play menace.

2 Likes

Just let the record reflect: I had to give @Mystic strokes in our Final Four matchup last year. So as bad of a guy as I might be, Iā€™m not as bad a him.

6 Likes

Somewhere, @freesypop is laughing maniacally

6 Likes

Gotta say, you probably should have made it the first year of the match play as well

1 Like

Did the winner of our match that year go to the final four?

I wasnā€™t able to get the ball airborne that day so not sure Iā€™d come to the same conclusionā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s fucking gross! Itā€™s like clockwork on here - ā€œ @Mystic beat me by a MILLION but he was nice so itā€™s ok!ā€ I call shenanigans Mr. Commissioner!

8 Likes

So whatā€™s your excuse for the matches I won at Bandon?!? If I recall those were all straight upā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah I think so, I guess I just meant that I got really lucky you couldnā€™t get it airborne that day, otherwise you wouldā€™ve won in a landslide.

Letā€™s not leave out the details that @Mystic buried the Net Menace @tj_denawli at his childhood course that does bad things to well hit and poorly hit golf balls. I canā€™t even argue with @BaxterMSP that Oneka is better than his home course after playing it a second time. @bwills and I were nowhere near our quota yesterday and might have lost a gross match to these two prestigious net golfers.

6 Likes