Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Yeah Keller, Stoneridge, Troy, and Royal all look like they have events.

Define good?

Loggers has a 10:57 (or before 7) Oneka has a 9:20 if we want to slum it. Thats where I’ve looked so far. Open for suggestions though.

Yup I’m in

1 Like

Playing in an event at Southview CC on the 20th. Has anyone been out there and can share some wisdom on what to expect?

Any of those could work. I’m already planning to cart it with a high of 99.

1 Like

Ok, pulled the trigger and booked a foursome at Oneka Ridge for 9:50 on Monday, as unfortunately the earlier tee times had been booked. Actual tee time I think is like ~9:58 or something, but for whatever reason their online booking system doesn’t send a confirmation email and I can’t remember the exact time so we’ll just say 9:50.

@BaxterMSP has the highest of praise for Oneka. Word is he might even take his membership there after the DNR bans irrigation at WBYC due to half of its members suing over a temporary lack of water in White Bear Lake.

@Mystic @bwills @charvey

7 Likes

The lake is high again, I’m sure they’ll drop the lawsuits until at least next Spring

2 Likes

I think the lake was literally over-flowing for like the first time ever as the original decision was being decided upon.

Also, assume what you will about the rednecks at Oneka, but they had the foresight to get a grant and install a stormwater reuse system to provide for their irrigation needs. So if the DNR does go through with their proposal to ban all private wells within 5-miles of the lake they’ll have nothing to worry about.

6 Likes

I play a 4 man scramble out there every year. It’s really quirky. Hole 1 you absolutely have to be below the hole. There is a fair amount of blind shots (2nd shot on 4 can be, 2nd shot on 6 is, 2nd shot on 8 is, drive on 12 is, 2nd on 14 is). 14-18 are a ton more open than 1-13. You can’t hit drivers on the range so if you want to warm up with a driver you would have to do it somewhere else. It’s an ok course, but not somewhere I would be itching to go play very often.

1 Like

From a couple years ago

1 Like

@MackReiter @BaxterMSP Thanks! Sounds interesting, excited (?) to see what it’s about.

You’ll have fun. Take the right club off the tee for the first 13 holes and you’ll be just fine

3 Likes

I’m in a scramble there Monday as well! See you out there

1 Like

One last bump for The Beaver Pelt, this Friday at Pioneer Creek. $20 net skins, half pot to charity, plus other ways to donate and a little NSU swag. We’re currently at 15 (16 if @Billy_Baroo can make it), let’s get a few more!

Sign up here (join North Star United network if it says you don’t have permission)

https://www.grouplooper.com/tee-times/10416

1 Like

I’m unfortunately out for Friday.:-1:t2: Wish I could make it, boys!

1 Like

H8Ahmh

1 Like

Will be back in MN this weekend but unfortunately the wife couldn’t get tomorrow off of work so we won’t be coming up Friday morning and can’t make the Beaver Pelt. Bummer.

On an unrelated topic, we need to shrink the game. Trying to find a saturday morning tee time for the family was a nightmare! Potentially a fathers day weekend issue, but still insane that there weren’t even a few straggler super early times. My brother has the card at Baker and couldn’t even get something before 1pm with the day-early access

4 Likes

Called to confirm, as the lack of a confirmation email always leaves me shook. Tee time is 9:52.

3 Likes

Absolute last call for NSS3 hats and shirts. It’s okay if you can’t make it, the logo is fire and it benefits charity!

Playing Deacons Lodge this morning for the first time. How many balls will I lose?