Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Elsie’s is a great place to hang! - It hits the sweet spot between “grungy and nice” and has an attached Bowling Alley. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

Sorry you never come in on Thursdays when I’m always there.:facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

I’m not as well versed as some when it comes to NE, but the Young Joni/Dangerous Man combo is top tier.:pinched_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

Re: Young Joni - make a reservation or perish

1 Like

Brasa is a favorite of mine to eat at, always get the green sauce & crispy yuca. Highly suggest Erte for a nicer meal (their HH is great), Animales BBQ at Able is great food (beer is so-so). Love the tacos at Centro. Also a ton of good spots on Central (Chimborazo, Khao Hum Thai, etc…).

For places to drink, agree with @aspoiledwalk on Elsies (family friend owns it). Some other great spots are 1029 (especially the patio in nice weather), NE Yacht Club (across from Elsies), & Mayslacks for me. Will also shout out Indeed brewing for their beer.

4 Likes

If you are fine with posting up at Dangerous Man for 2 hours it’s a pretty good combo without reservation.

Otherwise, reservations go up 1st of the month for the following month.

4 Likes

Gorhka Palace if you like Indian/Tibetan/Nepalese food. Absolutely phenomenal

2 Likes

Brasa fucks. Also Spitz right up the street is killer and pretty quick. The street cart doner with lamb/beef is silly good. We also have our sour on tap there, so ya know…

4 Likes

Psycho Suzi’s and Stanley’s are solid places for food. Tattersall distilling and Brother Justice whiskey are great spots. Kind of an embarrassment of riches brewery-wise in NE. Bauhaus, Fair State, 56 brewing and broken clock are breweries that haven’t been mentioned yet.

3 Likes

Anybody jumping on The Showcase (TGJ) at Olympic Hills?

1 Like

Avoid the lines at Young Joni if you want pizza and just go to South Minneapolis for Pizzeria Lola. Same pizzas, same owner, just a different location without all the hoops to jump through

4 Likes

Anyone looking for fourth this weekend? This new sleep (and golf) deprived guy got a hall pass to scrape it around this weekend

$450? Pass.

I was thinking about it. Gotta support them allowing TGJ to come in instead of last year’s fiasco.

4 Likes

What was last years fiasco?

Was my thoughts as well. Had it blocked off on my calendar, but $450 seemed a little too steep.

Stoolie invasion

What was the fee for the Undercard last year? I’ve never been to a TGJ event but have never heard someone say it wasn’t worth the cost

Bingo

2 Likes

Olympic run guest days are only about 150 bucks. That’s my major concern about the TGJ one whether the extra gifts and swag is worth it.

1 Like